United States & Gun Control discussion.

^this, and people who say "the police/military wouldn't do that to their own people" when it comes to enforcing gun-related restrictions.

Yes. Yes they would. I PROMISE you they would.

Even if this generation are "bitter clingers," the next one won't, because the system will beat that sense of freedom and rugged individualism out of those who follow.

Don't throw all of us in that statement.....Probably the NE states and westcoast states might...Southern and middle states, nah.

I think several LEO officials (Chief, Sheriff, DA) in NM stood up to the Govenor who tried to suppress citizens from carrying firearms in Bernalillo county not too long ago.

Don't throw all of us in that statement.....Probably the NE states and westcoast states might...Southern and middle states, nah.

I think several LEO officials (Chief, Sheriff, DA) in NM stood up to the Govenor who tried to suppress citizens from carrying firearms in Bernalillo county not too long ago.

I hope/pray LEOs are like you and @policemedic

I think several LEO officials (Chief, Sheriff, DA) in NM stood up to the Governor who tried to suppress citizens from carrying firearms in Bernalillo county not too long ago.
Sorry brother, the precedent has already been set. Even in my beloved South.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/09/us/nationalspecial/police-begin-seizing-guns-of-civilians.html

Of course it's not "all of us." But it's also not "none of us."

It's super-easy to say what we will and won't do when we're not in the moment.

Sorry brother, the precedent has already been set. Even in my beloved South.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/09/us/nationalspecial/police-begin-seizing-guns-of-civilians.html

Of course it's not "all of us." But it's also not "none of us."

It's super-easy to say what we will and won't do when we're not in the moment.
The Federal courts ruled against that action in 2006. And a bill was passed preventing it.

Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006.

"The Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006 was a bill introduced in the United States Congress intended to prohibit the confiscation of legally possessed firearms during a disaster. Its provisions became law in the form of the Vitter Amendment to the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2007"

Last edited:
The Federal courts ruled against that action in 2006. And a bill was passed preventing it.

Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006.

"The Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006 was a bill introduced in the United States Congress intended to prohibit the confiscation of legally possessed firearms during a disaster. Its provisions became law in the form of the Vitter Amendment to the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2007"
There was an entire Constitution preventing it before it happened, yet it still did.

And it will happen again.

Hello, you may now carry at the Post Office.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ba...s-unconstitutional-us-judge-rules-2024-01-13/

Jan 13 (Reuters) - A federal judge in Florida on Friday ruled that a U.S. law that bars people from possessing firearms in post offices is unconstitutional, citing a landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling from 2022 that expanded gun rights.

U.S. District Judge Kathryn Kimball Mizelle, an appointee of Republican former President Donald Trump in Tampa, reached that conclusion in dismissing part of an indictment charging a postal worker with illegally possessing a gun in a federal facility.

Why this guy is still entrenched in the NRA baffles me. I haven't been a member in years and won't renew until he's removed. He's a crook and not a gun guy. Ruined the NRA.

Ex-N.R.A. Chief Wayne LaPierre Found Liable for Financial Misconduct

The article equates LaPierre’s verdict with the downfall of the organization. Wishful thinking on the part of the Times and the anti-gunners. But I think ditching that creepy ghoul and the two other crooked bastards and the NRA has a chance to become more powerful and effective.

Last edited:
The article equates LaPierre’s verdict with the downfall of the organization. Wishful thinking on the part of the Times and the anti-gunners. But I think ditching that creepy ghoul and the two other crooked bastards and the NRA has a chance to become more powerful and effective.
Agree. You put somebody Gung ho in there who can breath new life in to it, like a Colion Noir for example, and the NRA comes back. Lapierre has never had any credibility with trigger pullers, and he's made a mockery of one a once very powerful, American institution.

Back