United States & Gun Control discussion.

And everyone's bestest friend (sarcasm!) had this to say...
NSFW - Language

Reactions like his will only enable Obama to go after the whole martial law thing and extend his stay in power

Can any of the LEO's answer this? Would this online statement not be considered a terrorist threat and substantiate this guys arrest?

James Yeager everybody, pro-gun's Diane Feinstein.

What a fucking crackhead. Someone tell his doctor that the meds aren't working.

Can any of the LEO's answer this? Would this online statement not be considered a terrorist threat and substantiate this guys arrest?
In my opinion this does not constitute a threat as defined by most statutes...I don't think it is specific enough (Not any one person or person(s) or groups named in the threat. Let's face it, there are a whole lot of people who agree with what he said, we just wouldn't post it on FB, and the fact that this guy is a weenie doesn't help.

LOTS of people are thinking that way.

That said, Yeager is a terrible representative for the Pro Constitution movement for many reasons, not the least of which is irresponsible hip-shooting speech.

"We must learn to defend all our personal resources with reason, clarity and the kind of effective persuasion that wins friends, rather than alienating them. For this, no group is more helpful than the Advocates, which teaches independent thinking coupled with empathy and tolerance for others."

-- Tonie Nathan, first Libertarian Party vice-presidential candidate (1972), and first woman in American history to receive an electoral college vote.

TOLEDO, Ohio – A rural school district in Ohio is drawing attention with its plans to arm a handful of its non-teaching employees with handguns this year — perhaps even janitors.
Officials say four employees in the Montpelier schools have agreed to take a weapons training course and carry their own guns inside the district's one building.
Superintendent Jamie Grime (GRIM) said Friday that "it's kind of a sign of the times."
The Toledo Blade reported that the employees were janitors. School officials would tell The Associated Press only that they were employees who don't directly supervise students and volunteered to carry a gun.
The move comes as districts and lawmakers across the nation weigh how to protect students following the December school massacre in Newtown, Conn.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/1...some-non-teaching-staffers-with-guns-perhaps/

Wow..I got a letter back from Senator Toomey. He even electronically signed it in his handwriting..although you cant see it on my copy and paste. I know its probably the generic response as I never actually mentioned Newtown in my correspondence, but I do like his point about mental illness.

January 11, 2013
Dear {insert Chopstick's real name here},
Thank you for contacting me about the killings in Newtown, CT. I appreciate hearing from you.
Like all Americans, I was horrified and sickened to learn about the mass murder in Newtown, CT on December 14, 2012. As you know, Adam Lanza murdered 26 people that day, including educators and young children at Sandy Hook Elementary School and his mother at her house, before committing suicide. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and the families who were affected.
In response, we need to come together as a nation, carefully reflect on what happened, and have a thoughtful dialogue on how we can improve public safety and protect our children. Of note, this atrocity in Newtown was the direct result of serious mental illness - something we have consistently observed in other mass killings over the years. We therefore need to better protect ourselves from mentally ill individuals who seek to carry out such atrocities. We also need to review and improve how we take care of the mentally ill. I therefore value your input on this issue and look forward to Congress debating which policies should be implemented to improve public safety.
Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.
Sincerely,
get-attachment.aspx
Pat Toomey
U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania

Was there any doubt about the outcome?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/11/politics/guns-nbc/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Washington (CNN) -- No employees of NBC will face criminal charges over the display of a high-capacity ammunition magazine on a "Meet the Press" program in violation of local law in Washington, prosecutors told the network on Friday.
It reminds of the Rick James segments on the Chapelle Show. That's crazy, I'd never break the law in the pursuit of my agenda. (cut) Yeah, I broke the law to pursue my agenda. Ratings are a helluva drug.

Wow..I got a letter back from Senator Toomey. He even electronically signed it in his handwriting..although you cant see it on my copy and paste. I know its probably the generic response as I never actually mentioned Newtown in my correspondence, but I do like his point about mental illness.

Have you tried calling before?

Our Senator Patty Murray will personally take calls from veterans which is neat, or maybe you have to tell her secretary you were a vet/she had nothing to do that day, not sure. All I know is a friend called to speak about Jon Hammar(Marine incarcerated in Mexico), and she took time out of her day, put everything on hold, and discussed it with him.

I would call her to talk about gun control, but the NRA rates her
  • F: True enemy of gun owners' rights. A consistent anti-gun candidate.

Hillclimb, yes actually I have dealt with our House Rep, Tim Murphy's office previously and you can just call up or stop in and they help you out. Ive never contacted Senator Toomey's office before so I was surprised to get an email telling me they got my email..then that second one I posted. People shouldnt hesitate to contact their elected reps. After all they work for us. (in a perfect world)

ETA I just saw this on Huff. I wonder cant believe they actually printed this. LOL.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...maing-grid7|maing10|dl1|sec1_lnk2&pLid=256270

"I don't want to lose a vote on this," said one progressive gun control advocate. "If we go too soon and we lose a vote then we are fucked."

This kid did a pretty good job ass-raping Piers Morgan's entire argument.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/LJdhAm_oUUs

Every time PM is faced with an argument that decimates his own, he redirects the debate by saying "well let's talk about..." It's a cowardly way to debate a topic.

It was nice to see someone actually bring up the Constitution in all this, since that should be the focal point in the whole debate.

This kid did a pretty good job ass-raping Piers Morgan's entire argument.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/LJdhAm_oUUs

Every time PM is faced with an argument that decimates his own, he redirects the debate by saying "well let's talk about..." It's a cowardly way to debate a topic.

It was nice to see someone actually bring up the Constitution in all this, since that should be the focal point in the whole debate.

That was amazing.

The anti-gun crowd/media love Yeager. They can paint the dumbass as a paradigm for gun ownership -- and the average, uninformed person will really believe that. What do you think when you see Yeager, even if you don't know the full extent of his cowardice? "Dickhead." Now that's what other people will think/remember when they hear "pro-gun".

Back