United States & Gun Control discussion.

Yeager's CCW permit has been suspended. LOL

Is this recent, because if it is the YT video should be awesome?

"Argh! Whargarbl!!! Freedom! They took my rights! I'll kill you! Whargarbl!!!"

The good news is that if the authorities ever go to arrest him, it will be an easy collar: his getaway vehicle will have the parking brake set.

Is this recent, because if it is the YT video should be awesome?

"Argh! Whargarbl!!! Freedom! They took my rights! I'll kill you! Whargarbl!!!"

The good news is that if the authorities ever go to arrest him, it will be an easy collar: his getaway vehicle will have the parking brake set.
http://www.wbir.com/news/article/24...ndgun-carry-permit-after-making-video-threats

A West Tennessee man can no longer legally carry a a handgun, after he made threatening posts on the internet site YouTube.
The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security announced Friday that they had suspended James Yeager's handgun carry permit.
Yeager, 42, of Camden, posted videos claiming he would "start killing people" if the Obama administration took executive action to pass gun control measures.

What a moon rock. How do you not see that coming from a mile away? He had to know you can't just threaten people or make dangerous remarks without repercussions.

Only the Black Panthers and other friends of the Administration can do that.

256wshi.jpg

I really do believe he has a mental condition of some sort. I've been saying it for years, normal people don't act like that once they have grown up. That said I hope they destroy him, his comments were way out of line and with the amount of followers he has its possible that some crazy ass starts killing people because Yeager said to.

I have mixed feelings about it. Legally he did not break any laws that I can think of. Ethically he fucking should be burnd at the stake for being so stupid, inflammatory and possibly putting people at risk. I hope they dissolve his company, lock his ass up until he is treated and destroy all of his internet content.

Wishful thinking I know, but I can have my dreams.

I really do believe he has a mental condition of some sort. I've been saying it for years, normal people don't act like that once they have grown up. That said I hope they destroy him, his comments were way out of line and with the amount of followers he has its possible that some crazy ass starts killing people because Yeager said to.

I have mixed feelings about it. Legally he did not break any laws that I can think of. Ethically he fucking should be burnd at the stake for being so stupid, inflammatory and possibly putting people at risk. I hope they dissolve his company, lock his ass up until he is treated and destroy all of his internet content.

Wishful thinking I know, but I can have my dreams.
You don't have to break the law to lose your permit in most states. You just have to lose the confidence of the Sheriff or issuing agency and they can at any time withdraw consent for the privilege. I know you know that, just saying.

In a high profile situation like this, numbnuts was begging for it, and somewhere there was a Sheriff that had to own it.

I don't disagree with his.permit being pulled at all. I think however, that it's pointless unless they get this guy admitted to a mental health facility and have him checked out. Everyone knows my stance on gun laws, I think most are pointless at best. But here there is obviously someone who has irrational reasoning, after working as a police officer, and who not only owns several firearms but a training business as well. And the best they can do is suspend his ccw permit? He should haven been taken into custody under crisses intervention grounds and cleared or admitted by a doctor immediately. This is exactly where the system is failing. Not magazine capacity or types of firearms. Crazy people not being felt with correctly. Sorry if this post is all f'ed up, I'm on my phone.

He's setting himself up as a martyr for the lunatic fringe.

If he does down in a blaze of glory, "fighting 'the man' when they came for his guns,'* he will be a far-right folk hero and all of the other bad shit he has done will be forgotten.

*AKA, "came to arrest him because he's batshit crazy and a threat to himself and others"

You don't have to break the law to lose your permit in most states. You just have to lose the confidence of the Sheriff or issuing agency and they can at any time withdraw consent for the privilege. I know you know that, just saying.

In a high profile situation like this, numbnuts was begging for it, and somewhere there was a Sheriff that had to own it.

Basically known as the "Naked Field" test. You could be the best person in the town, upstanding citizen, volunteer for all sorts of stuff, and have no criminal record.... but if you show up one night naked in a field howling at the moon... yeah.

Most of what I have read says anything more than 10 rounds.

I can see a magazine restriction being passed and not an AWB. Not that I support that, but I can see it happening as a back room compromise.

This issue's so emotional it can go in any direction.

I found this article interesting.
http://freebeacon.com/comcasts-pro-gun-policy/
The NBC Sports Network, a subsidiary of the communications giant Comcast, is helping to sponsor the largest gun trade show in the country despite anti-gun rhetoric on the NBC family of television networks, including a controversial monologue by one of its sports announcers.
NBC Sports is listed as one of the primary sponsors of the 2013 SHOT Show, which takes place Jan. 15 to18 in Las Vegas and bills itself “the world’s premier exposition of combined firearms.”
Comcast, which owns NBC Universal and its affiliated networks, including NBC Sports Network and the liberal news channel MSNBC, is involved with Vice President Joe Biden’s gun violence task force.
Comcast’s lobbying chief, David Cohen, along with cable, broadcast, and movie industry trade groups, met Thursday with Biden to discuss ways to reduce gun violence in America. Cohen was a prominent bundler of donations to President Obama.

O_o

(Reuters) - Gun rights groups on Sunday forecast that bids to ban assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips would fail in Congress, as Vice President Joe Biden prepares this week to give President Barack Obama proposals to curb gun violence.
Even some congressional Democrats indicated that a bill to revive the U.S. assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 would have a difficult time winning passage in the Republican-controlled House of Representatives and Democratic-led Senate.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/13/us-usa-guns-congress-idUSBRE90C0DK20130113

Back