United States & Gun Control discussion.

That LEO in Org and S.C are doing it right. One must fight infringments on our rights. The Founding Fathers knew that a well armed people are the key to a free people.

Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 7:30 pm | Updated: 10:57 am, Tue Jan 15, 2013.

State Rep. Steve Toth to file ‘firearm protection act’

AUSTIN – State Rep. Steve Toth (R-The Woodlands) has begun the process to file legislation assisting the protection of the Second Amendment of the United State Constitution.

The “Firearms Protection Act” bill would make any federal law banning semi-automatic firearms or limiting the size of gun magazines unenforceable within the state’s boundaries. Anyone trying to enforce a federal gun ban could face felony charges under the proposal.

“We can no longer depend on the Federal Government and this Administration to uphold a Constitution that they no longer believe in. The liberties of the People of Texas and the sovereignty of our State are too important to just let the Federal Government take them away. The overreach of the federal administrations executive orders that are do not align with the Constitution, are not very popular here in Texas,” said Toth.

Along with Wyoming, Texas will lead the country in continuing to stand for the sovereignty to run Texas as Texans see fit while exercising the Bill of Rights Amendments 2& 10 to “prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers … [to] extending the ground of public confidence in the Government.”
Along with Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, who has already filed more than 23 suits against the Federal Government, Toth will continue to stand with other Texans to encouraging the promotion of personal responsibility and liberties while actively guarding against outside parties attempting to erode the freedoms enjoyed by Texans so that the people of Texas may have more confidence in their government.

For more information contact, Amy Lane, Chief of Staff at 512-463-0797. Steve Toth is the newly elected State Representative for District 15, which includes The Woodlands, Shenandoah, Imperial Oaks, Oak Ridge North and Benders Landing along with some of the surrounding areas. He lives and works in District 15 and is establishing a House District 15 Office in Alden Bridge near the corner of Research Forest and Kuykendahl that he hopes to open by February of this coming year.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/magn...cle_870f2cd6-5d11-11e2-9ddb-0019bb2963f4.html

I am going to move my ass to Texas.

Well come on then! We have all types of environments; hill country is nice as well as east Texas with all the trees. I am not too big on the Dallas/Ft. Worth area but to each their own. Also, if you really love the smell of crude in the morning might I suggest Odessa? ;-). In the Houston area we are getting a pretty big influx of gun stores and new indoor ranges. There is a place inside the loop of Houston called Collectors Firearms that has a HUGE weapon selection(they advertise 10,000 guns and accessories on hand).

Somehow I think we're still going to see shootings big and small, hear political speeches etc. a year or two or three from now. Oh hell, make it ten years. These things happen when the future happens to look bleakest, and that's not gonna change anytime soon.

Many of those are "so what?" moments to be honest. I think what bothers me the most are the bits in there about doctors asking about guns in the home and the proposed overhaul of HIPAA. Patient-Doctor Confidentiality is about to take a hit.

The background check requirement for returning a seized gun is interesting. The Guardian article said 'full background'; I wonder if that just means a NICS check or something more comprehensive.

In Philadelphia, the Police Commissioner himself must personally authorize the release of any gun back to its owner once the DA's office advises them that there will be no charges. In practice, it takes an act of God for many people to get their guns back--and some don't. I can't imagine how Charles Ramsey will use this EO to further fuck those who justifiably use guns to defend themselves in Philadelphia.

Back