United States & Gun Control discussion.

I agree banning does infringe people from responsibly exercising 2nd Amendment rights. The history of an AWB and the government going door-to-door isn't there. Add into the equation the Heller ruling we don't even know if an AWB would stand a court challenge and a door-to-door seizure policy certainly wouldn't stand a court challenge after Heller. It didn't happen pre-Heller and certainly couldn't happen post Heller.

Anyone that would suggest martial law could be declared and the SCOTUS disbanded etc, etc. I would have to tell them to put the conspiracy bong back down on the table and then push your chair back. You've been hitting it a little to hard lately.:p

Haha. I don't do anything like that!

I have read Heller. Tough and close decision.

You and I are looking at the "slippery slope" argument but differently. I don't what it to happen period. People in power do things.

I agree banning does infringe people from responsibly exercising 2nd Amendment rights. The history of an AWB and the government going door-to-door isn't there. Add into the equation the Heller ruling we don't even know if an AWB would stand a court challenge and a door-to-door seizure policy certainly wouldn't stand a court challenge after Heller. It didn't happen pre-Heller and certainly couldn't happen post Heller.

Anyone that would suggest martial law could be declared and the SCOTUS disbanded etc, etc. I would have to tell them to put the conspiracy bong back down on the table and then push your chair back. You've been hitting it a little to hard lately.:p

Re: the section in bold. The AWB grandfathered in all existing "evil" firearms and therefore there was no requirement for door to door. With the recent shenanigans of the NYS legislature, a new can of worms has been opened. It might not lead directly to door to door searches, but they've made a large step in that direction.

would like to know who will take the weapons from us? police? military? ATF? neighborhood watch? FBI?

None of those agencies working together have that capability much less doing it alone.

If I may add an addendum: "and they don't tend to "un-do" things...."

True they do. I am wary of those in power. I am wary of those in power for a length of time. The mind becomes complacent. I distrust government passing laws for the sake of....laws. No law will solve this problem. I fear that my state (withheld) will quickly follow suit and pass something similar to NY. Then I need to take a hard look at moving. People in power around here think that written laws are the answer to the ills of society.

would like to know who will take the weapons from us? police? military? ATF? neighborhood watch? FBI?

None of those agencies working together have that capability much less doing it alone.

Yeah, I think it would be more a case of "If we find you with one you will be prosecuted for it" rather than a door to door search.

The ATF has a history of conducting military style raids where lawful gun owners have been killed. Regardless how you personally feel about Waco, or Ruby Ridge, the facts are what they are. They (the ATF & FBI or federal agents) killed American's due to “gun control” laws.

The US Army & NG along with state & local police illegally seized firearms from lawful gun owners during Katrina.

The comments that “the government is not going to do this or that” being made here are really either ignorant or downright deceptive. It has happened, it has happened several times within our modern (last 30 years) history and if you really believe it will not happen again, you are fooling yourself.

I really wish people would stop making candy-land-utopia comments, do a bit of reading on the history of the issue here in the United States, also on the many other nations that have been destroyed due to this very topic. Slippery slope? We have been on that slope for the last 75+ year’s people. It’s not just fantasy; it’s not some crazy redneck with too much internet time. This is the real-fucking-deal, no shit, we had better open our eyes and do something about it, reality that we are living in today.

“oh it won’t happen, you won’t lose what you have just can’t get new, no need for more than 10 rounds, etc, etc”

Yeah do any of you feel like you are armed well enough to defend against a tyrannical government? How many of you own a machine gun, cannon, tank, etc? Why don’t you? Because your government finds it harder to control you if you have one…

“government of the people, by the people, for the people”

Just as long as those “people” are not as well armed as the government....right.:rolleyes:

Here, fight the Indians...uh no Indians, give it back.

Started in the American Revolution when the Brit’s tried to confiscate cannon from the colonist. Than reused again during the Texas war for independence “specifically the battle of Gonzales” when the Mexican Army tried to disarm Texan’s.

In that period the best weapon you could have was a cannon (hints the king of battle), most oppressors knew that removal of cannon, removed the ability to engage in modern warfare.

I won’t go as far to say the AR15 is the modern day cannon, but it’s about as close as you can get currently. Could you imagine what liberals would do if we had civilian owned tanks, war planes, etc?

Either way the ability to resist the government is pretty much gone, low level guerrilla warfare is about it, and even then, pointless without the support of weapons & explosives from another government.

Civil war is another subject all together; state resources are a bit different.

Started in the American Revolution when the Brit’s tried to confiscate cannon from the colonist. Than reused again during the Texas war for independence “specifically the battle of Gonzales” when the Mexican Army tried to disarm Texan’s.

In that period the best weapon you could have was a cannon (hints the king of battle), most oppressors knew that removal of cannon, removed the ability to engage in modern warfare.

I won’t go as far to say the AR15 is the modern day cannon, but it’s about as close as you can get currently. Could you imagine what liberals would do if we had civilian owned tanks, war planes, etc?

Either way the ability to resist the government is pretty much gone, low level guerrilla warfare is about it, and even then, pointless without the support of weapons & explosives from another government.

Civil war is another subject all together; state resources are a bit different.

The fucked up thing is mate, that we can own tanks, cannons, machine guns and war planes (e.g. a company in Florida just brought the New Zealand Air Force's entire jet fighter wing!). They aren't under attack from the libs, can you fucking work this shit out?

Re: the section in bold. The AWB grandfathered in all existing "evil" firearms and therefore there was no requirement for door to door. With the recent shenanigans of the NYS legislature, a new can of worms has been opened. It might not lead directly to door to door searches, but they've made a large step in that direction.

Federal vs state, two very different animals and why I directed all my comments towards the fed. Let see what happens in a couple years down the road. After everyone has moved beyond Sandy Hook I'm betting there will be a court challenge especially if they are trying to force people to get rid of there larger clips. Just because a law get passed doesn't mean it is constitutional.

The more I think about it the more I like what NY did. I don't live there.:sneaky: They can be the guinea pigs to test the constitutionality of AWB. If it survives a SCOTUS challenge then my pucker factor will get much higher.

Federal vs state, two very different animals and why I directed all my comments towards the fed. Let see what happens in a couple years down the road. After everyone has moved beyond Sandy Hook I'm betting there will be a court challenge especially if they are trying to force people to get rid of there larger clips. Just because a law get passed doesn't mean it is constitutional.

The more I think about it the more I like what NY did. I don't live there.:sneaky: They can be the guinea pigs to test the constitutionality of AWB. If it survives a SCOTUS challenge then my pucker factor will get much higher.

A, there will be many other 'Sandy Hooks' like it or not.

B, they are magazines, not fucking clips! :mad:

I will cross my fingers but won't hold my breath. I'll bet this law set off a few light bulbs in the DC area in a bad way.

The fucked up thing is mate, that we can own tanks, cannons, machine guns and war planes (e.g. a company in Florida just brought the New Zealand Air Force's entire jet fighter wing!). They aren't under attack from the libs, can you fucking work this shit out?

Demil'ed tanks and fighters is about the same as having a bulldozer and 2 passanger jet. lol but yeah I agree.

President Obama has, through these actions, circumvented the natural order of Congress to enact laws (if such laws are able to pass Constituational muster) and the rights of the states to enact laws (re the 9th and 10th Amendments).

I apologize if this has already been replied to and said, hut I'm on my phone and about to go to bed and wanted to soot out this reply right quick. They've done it before during Katrina. The NOPD went on three news and said no one was to be permitted to have a firearm and subsequently went around with the NG and started confiscating firearms. They can do it.

P.s. My phone's browser is being gay as phuck and not letting me go scroll back to fix the autocorrect errors, sorry.

Back