United States & Gun Control discussion.

Every so often, I read something that-despite my sane, rational mind knowing it's not not the best answer-makes me just say "bring it". The calls in several States that demand confiscation were some; Pelosi's bill is another.

Anyone source this quote from my wonderful Senator Feinstein:
"Women are not capable of defending themselves with the 'Death Machines' we call guns."

I saw it one a the Uncle Sam's Misguided Children Page on
Facebook, I want a published source not other folks saying they heard her say it. Oh and she's such an idiot.

I hadn't heard that. Thank you for the info. I will be switching insurance companies before the week is over, even if my premium increases.

Switched to USAA this morning. The GEICO rep sounded shocked that I was cancelling my policy over a 2nd Amendment issue. I told her I would not spend money supporting a company that appeared to not fully support the 2nd Amendment and there was a good 15 seconds of silence followed, by "Ummm.....ok.... Well.... Ok." She put me on hold for awhile and came back to further explain the issue I referred to. I was told that Geico would not cover the transportation of ammunition under his personal policy, and they wanted to him take out a commercial policy on the vehicle.

At the end of the day this will be Political suicide for many Democrats if they go along with the POS in the White House. He would have to sign an executive order which I don't believe will stand at this time with the current court make up. This is his "Remember the Maine" moment. He has to maintain momentum of fail completely. The Congress can't get the votes and the house won't vote it in no matter what. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst...

I won't go too deep into this, as I will end up writing an essay. However, the one thing I will say is that in terms of fixing the problem it is an issue with our society. I.E. lets not fix the real problem because that would be too hard instead lets come up with a quick lazy solution.

An example of this would be our military bases abroad, combat zones to be exact. Soldiers, Marines, Airmen, and Sailors were NDing like it was cool. Well clearly the problem is that their guns are loaded so we'll just make them walk around with unloaded weapons in a combat zone. Even though anybody with a little bit of intelligence could look at the situation and say maybe its a lack of proper training and exposure that is causing these issues and thats what should be fixed, they took the lazy/easy way out. Until all these "partnered" forces over here started going Ji'had on everybody, then all of a sudden it was like why are our soldiers walking around with unloaded guns. Even to this day, in the military even the wonderful Marine Corps, the average service members exposure and use of firearms is a joke. I'll shoot more in one day on the range than most will shoot in a four year enlistment.

Getting back on track my point is that the people screaming for more gun laws or just the complete absence of guns are taking that same easy/lazy approach. It won't work because the guns aren't the root of the problem. Now if machine guns were legal and the guy went in their with a M60 then of course I'd be the first one to say hey maybe we should rethink this, but since the issue with a lot of people seems to constantly be all guns are bad I have to think that its once again looking for the easiest/laziest answer. People who have their mind set on killing innocent people will always find a way to do it with or without guns. As Rampart pointed out you don't need a gun to terrorize, as in parts of Africa the machete is even more feared than the gun. Atrocities have always been committed, long before the invention of the gun. Even worse most were and are committed by people who are clinically sane and know exactly what they are doing, so I don't see how removing legally owned guns from the equation will help anyone.

Here, here well said!

Switched to USAA this morning. The GEICO rep sounded shocked that I was cancelling my policy over a 2nd Amendment issue. I told her I would not spend money supporting a company that appeared to not fully support the 2nd Amendment and there was a good 15 seconds of silence followed, by "Ummm.....ok.... Well.... Ok." She put me on hold for awhile and came back to further explain the issue I referred to. I was told that Geico would not cover the transportation of ammunition under his personal policy, and they wanted to him take out a commercial policy on the vehicle.
I'm switching, too provided they will give me a refund for the rest of the term (just payed 6 month premium 2 weeks ago).

This is a time for action on our part- even a thousand little, tiny, miniscule things like this. If we always assume our tiny actions will never amount to anything, we will never change the climate in this country.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/rahm-emanuel-presses-banks-on-guns-86706.html
Doin' it the Chicago way! But seriously, does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, moving to take a lead role in the gun control debate, is turning up the pressure on banks that do business with firearms manufacturers.
Emanuel is sending letters to two major financial institutions, TD Bank and Bank of America, which offer lines of credit to gun makers suggesting that they stop lending money to the manufacturers if they don’t come out for new gun restrictions.

“TD Bank currently aids the gun manufacturing industry through a $60 million revolving line of credit with Smith & Wesson, a gun manufacturer that produces the AR-15 — an assault weapon that was used by James Holmes to kill 12 people and wound 58 in a crowded movie theatre in Aurora,” Emanuel’s missive to TD CEO Bharat Masrani states. “I ask you to use your influence to push this company to find common ground with the vast majority of Americans who support a military weapons and ammunition ban and comprehensive background checks.”
Noting that Chicago’s municipal employees and teachers had already divested money in pension funds from gun makers that are opposing new gun laws, the White House chief of staff-turned-mayor wrote: “Now we need you and other commercial banks to join this fight for safer streets. Collectively we can send a clear and unambiguous message to the entire gun industry that investors will no longer financially support companies that profit from gun violence.”

Emanuel sent a similarly worded letter to Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan, a bank that does business with Sturm, Ruger & Co.

How I know my Senator, not Feinstein doesn't care:
Dear Mr. :
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your views with me. Your comments will help me continue to represent you and other Californians to the best of my ability. Be assured that I will keep your views in mind as the Senate considers legislation on this or similar issues.
If you would like additional information about my work in the U.S. Senate, I invite you to visit my website, http://boxer.senate.gov. From this site, you can access my statements and press releases about current events and pending legislation, request copies of legislation and government reports, and receive detailed information about the many services that I am privileged to provide for my constituents. You may also wish to visit http://thomas.loc.gov to track current and past federal legislation.
Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I appreciate hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

It's laughable how little they care about their constituents.

At present, they openly talk about upcoming legislation that many of them are going to support which is likely to cost them their seat. Bill Clinton talked about it openly when he warned the Democratic party not to take gun control too lightly. After Obamacare was passed against the will of the people of this country, in the dead of night after weeks of closed door meetings that above all lacked bipartisan consensus, we saw a wave of Congressmen retire because they KNEW that Obamacare would destroy their chances in their districts forever.

They know full well they are doing whatever the hell it is they want to do and completely ignore We The People. .. to the point of calculating whether or not their decisions will render them unelectable.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/rahm-emanuel-presses-banks-on-guns-86706.html
Doin' it the Chicago way! But seriously, does anyone else find this extremely disturbing?

I just sent an e-mail in to the Office of the Mayor of Chicago.

Mayor Emanuel,

I am not a resident of Chicago, nor a resident of the state of Illinois. That being said, I find it infuriating that you feel the need to send letters to banks calling for them to stop lending money to gun affiliated businesses. Perhaps you are unaware of our Constitution and the 2nd Amendment in particular. Perhaps you simply cannot comprehend what the words "shall not be infringed" mean. Or maybe you're just so unbelievably arrogant that you believe your opinion should matter in this situation. You are WAY outside of the boundaries of the office of a city mayor. Your position on guns is a direct contradiction to the 2nd Amendment. As I said, I am not a resident of Chicago. Thank god for that. I would be ashamed to admit that I lived in a city you reside in. You are a disgrace to the City of Chicago, the State of Illinois, and the United States of America.

I know the focus is on the idea that retired cops should be able to have access to weapons the “regular citizen” shouldn’t, but that sentence was so profound in its amount of fail I want to focus on it.
“As a law enforcement officer for over 20 years, I understand the importance of instituting a new policy on mandating the limits of bullets that a regular citizen can possess, but as a matter of fact the bad guys are not going to follow this law.”
Has anyone seen this yet? pretty funny in an ironic sort of way.

http://www.libertynews.com/2013/01/...of-gun-control-law-while-trying-to-defend-it/

Back