United States & Gun Control discussion.

I was at Cabela's in WV today. The ammo shelves were practically bare. Ive never seen anything like it. :(

I was at my local gun store, the owner was laughing about the people that were waiting for ammo prices to come down. According to him they never will... :(

YES !!!!!!
I still have my recipe for Soylent Green jerky.
Yum Yum Yummmmmm

Please remove videos or pics when quoting a post.

We dropped $0.66 a round for a whopping 180 rounds of 7.62. Could have picked up another 540 in a spam can but no funding to support it. Was hard enough to find 7.62x51/.308 period anyway. Note to self: Always bring Daughter with when ammo shopping at gun auctions, she got 20 rounds free from the vendor "I ain't got any .22 but this'll work, teach her to shoot"

We dropped $0.66 a round for a whopping 180 rounds of 7.62. Could have picked up another 540 in a spam can but no funding to support it. Was hard enough to find 7.62x51/.308 period anyway. Note to self: Always bring Daughter with when ammo shopping at gun auctions, she got 20 rounds free from the vendor "I ain't got any .22 but this'll work, teach her to shoot"

I just paid about $0.95 for some 7.62x51.

I think reloading is going to be in my future.

Recently, I bought 2,400 rounds of Lake City 62gr. SS109- which is all I ever buy right now- from a Marine at a really decent price. I asked him why he was selling when everyone else seemed to be stockpiling. It was just a casual question. He replied that he already had more than 30K rounds stashed away for a rainy day. It's all Lake just like the stuff I was buying from him. He said he was friends with a guy who works at the Lake City plant, and that the general belief there among employees is that for the next 3 years more than 90% of everything they produce is going to the Federal Government, and another 8% to 10% is going to Law Enforcement. 1 or 2% will trickle into the private sector.

I have no idea if that is true, but these are the kinds of rumors/scuttlebutt I am running into concerning ammo.

I didn't ask, but it was implied that more ammo was going to the government than before. Even though I have no idea if it's 100% accurate, I do know the .gov ordered tons of ammo of all calibers, and I know it should be in manufacturers' best interest to ramp up production yet still no ammo is hitting the market.

Looks like Magpul is not only industry Colorado stands to lose.
http://www.sofmag.com/outdoor-channel-end-production-colorado
An executive producer and host for the Outdoor Channel, Michael Bane, notified the Senate Republican Caucus that if the package of Democrat proposed gun bills passes, the OC will be moving all production out of Colorado. They currently have four series in production including the OC’s most popular show Gun Stories.
In an email addressed to Senator Steve King (R-Grand Junction), Bane wrote: “This morning I met with my three producers, and we made the decision that if these anti-gun bills become law, we will be moving all of our production out of Colorado. We have already cancelled a scheduled filming session for late this month.”
To read Mr. Bane’s complete letter, click here. To learn more about Mr. Bane, click here.
“These radical bills demonstrate that penalizing law-abiding gun owners harms not only Colorado hunters, but it also damages the economy,” said Senator King. “If these bills pass, Colorado will become known as an unfriendly state toward sportsmen and will force other producers across the country to consider other states.”
Senate Minority Leader Bill Cadman (R-Colorado Springs) added, “The Democrats are taking their marching orders from extreme liberal New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and are ignoring the people who voted for them. He has promised to “pay” for their support of his agenda in the coming elections. He (Bloomberg) has now become the de-facto head of the Democrat party and the de-facto Governor of Colorado. This is a sad day for our state, and could be a very sad day for the Constitution.”

It's unfucking believable what is going on in this country at the moment. How is all this anti gun, anti freedom legislation/proposals not being viewed as unconstitutional, unlawful or downright treasonous?

The liberals are attacking the very foundations this country was built on and the majority of the country is cool with that.

I'm fucking pissed that I spent a lot of my life, money and effort coming to this country just in time to see it dismantle itself.

This MUST be fixed!

What is most irritating to me is I feel there are a lot of people talking, and not enough doing. I look at our strategies in Afghanistan, and it feels like that is what is happening here. They have infiltrated our society, turned the minds of desperate people away from what this country is, and have reached the highest levels of our government. They only way to stop them is to take it back. Get ourselves and those who believe in what this country was founded on back inside the political side of things and change it.

What is most irritating to me is I feel there are a lot of people talking, and not enough doing. I look at our strategies in Afghanistan, and it feels like that is what is happening here. They have infiltrated our society, turned the minds of desperate people away from what this country is, and have reached the highest levels of our government. They only way to stop them is to take it back. Get ourselves and those who believe in what this country was founded on back inside the political side of things and change it.

Would love to. any suggestions? Doubt many of us has the capitol to go toe to toe with all these freakin groups. Not impossible, I want to get involved locally when I ets, but federally? Gonna be long and expensive battle playing their way. I'm all ears.

Would love to. any suggestions? Doubt many of us has the capitol to go toe to toe with all these freakin groups. Not impossible, I want to get involved locally when I ets, but federally? Gonna be long and expensive battle playing their way. I'm all ears.

Write your elected officials. 24/7/365. Vote with your choice and your money. PARTICIPATE.

Of course, that's a no brainer, or at least should be. But is that enough? Politicians lately have been making it more and more clear they give two shits. We need new people in office IMO. That's why I say I want to get involved, locally, in my community at first. Am I the best dude for the job? Don't know yet, but I don't want to sit on the sidelines and keep writing letters and getting automated responses. Voting? Obviously, but we need to do more.

Of course, that's a no brainer, or at least should be. But is that enough? Politicians lately have been making it more and more clear they give two shits. We need new people in office IMO. That's why I say I want to get involved, locally, in my community at first. Am I the best dude for the job? Don't know yet, but I don't want to sit on the sidelines and keep writing letters and getting automated responses. Voting? Obviously, but we need to do more.

No it is not. Going off topic as this is about gun control everyone who can vote should. When the voter turnout is 40% nationally there is a severe problem.

You are on the right track. State locally. Get others involved. I am sure there are veterans groups who do this type of work.

Back