United States & Gun Control discussion.

Good catch. I missed that.

I didn't compare the total population of the state and those numbers are pulled directly from the FBI's website. Table's 5 and 20. You make a great point, but it underscores one of my premises: if we can't trust the data and yet EVERY side quotes "the numbers" then why is this a discussion? As you well know if we don't have hard numbers or some type of facts then we're left with guesses? Emotions? "Bro logic?" I wouldn't support changing any law if those were the reasons, much less the Constitution.

People bring up background checks and how, if the system is overwhelmed, one can still purchase a gun. If the system doesn't return a hit you can still buy a gun. Ok, fine.

Where are the calls to fix THAT before they go for guns?

I know I'm largely preaching to the choir, but this whole debate, a very important one at that, hinges on BS, bad numbers, emotions, and whatever whargarbl we can dredge up than...you know, actual things that can be fixed.

I missed that level of detail, but it came straight from the FBI. If we can't trust the information provided by the top law enforcement arm in this country, then who can we trust? CNN? Fox? Some celebrity?

Nonsense.

Can I use what you posted in the future?

I'll continue the fight because I know I am going to hear about this from the gun control nuts I know.

Can we give it a day before we start talking about gun control? Can we do that this time?

At least 10 people are dead. I, for one, don't give a shit about guns right now.

Last edited:
Unfortunately -- and sadly so -- colleges and universities have become the soft targets of anyone with angst against anything or any body and for any cause.

Rest In Peace to the fallen and prayers out for their families!

I give it a good 8 hours before accurate reports come out.

Rest in peace to those that lost their lives.

Can we give it a day before we start talking about gun control? Can we do that this time?

At least 10 people are dead. I, for one, don't give a shit about guns right now.

We could, because we're decent people.

Obama, on the other hand, was more than happy to jump in and spout the gun control talking points before the sun had set on this tragedy.

Back