United States & Gun Control discussion.

If only the media could return to the profession of journalism. The only spin we really need, is the one that gives us night and day.

Yes sir...I too wish it would. However, the MSM has now become a "business for profit" rather than a business for reporting the facts as they are...and not how they want them to appear.

It is simply another sign of the times...a time where integrity and personal responsibility has been thrown out the window for money.

Should probably consider a ban on knives and spoons as well. They are going to have to try and ban my nine iron next. Politicians I can live without them. The rights we fought for and continue to fight for shall not be infringed.

School shootings suck big time but people are going to continue to kill other people no matter how many laws are passed. I mean those college folks were in a gun free zone. What happened? The shooter couldn't read? Nah, you take away the rights of good people and law abiding citizens and bad shit like this is going to happen. Arm everyone who wants to be armed and less bad shit will happen. That is my opinion. YMMV

Implied gun free zone, that's the best part.

Oregon CCW holders were on site and were convinced by campus staff to not try and go stop the shooter.
Was it not a gun free zone? I didn't know that. I don't think some "campus staff" could convince to not intervene in a active shooter situation.

Want to buy an edit button. ;-)

It is a factor of vetting. Once you are "Verified Military", the edit option will open up for you. It can take about a week or so for all the staff to go over your application, and any documents that have been uploaded. As for now, it pays to go slow at first. Learn the site and it's members by reading threads and member profiles. The best advice I can give you, is to read more and post less.

It is a factor of vetting. Once you are "Verified Military", the edit option will open up for you. It can take about a week or so for all the staff to go over your application, and any documents that have been uploaded. As for now, it pays to go slow at first. Learn the site and it's members by reading threads and member profiles. The best advice I can give you, is to read more and post less.
Roger that, I like to chat though. I will try to post less and read more as you say.

Do you have a cite for that? I'd love to be able to point to that in talks.

One article states he was "locked" in another room which presumes school officials did that.

Debate, and Confusion, Over Oregon's Gun Rules After Deadly Shooting

The 36-year-old Air Force veteran became the human face of the concealed carry debate by giving numerous network interviews Thursday in which he said that he had his handgun with him on campus that morning but was not in a position to use it — he was locked down in the school's veterans center several hundred yards away from the science hall where the shooting took place.

Then you have this with an infuriating title and premise. It leads one to believe he made the decision to not engage and was subsequently "hustled into a classroom."

Armed vet destroys gun nuts’ argument on mass shooters by explaining why he didn’t attack Oregon killer

“Luckily we made the choice not to get involved,” he explained. “We were quite a distance away from the building where this was happening. And we could have opened ourselves up to be potential targets ourselves, and not knowing where SWAT was, their response time, they wouldn’t know who we were. And if we had our guns ready to shoot, they could think that we were bad guys.”

Parker noted that he was hustled into a classroom with other students by a professor who asked if anyone was armed. He said he raised his hand and said he would attempt to protect his fellow students if they came under attack.

Then there's this which states he was talked out of it.

Hundreds gather for candlelight vigil in Roseburg: Mass shooting victims 'will live forever in our hearts'

John Parker's immediate impulse after hearing there was an active shooter on campus was to leave the shelter of the school's veterans' center to try to help.

The 36-year-old veteran and a few others have concealed carry licenses, Parker said, but a school employee talked them out of leaving.

"If we would have run across the field, we would have been targets," he said. "We made a good choice at the time."

Parker and several others watched TV news broadcasts and used smartphone apps to listen to scanner traffic, he said. "We watched everything unfold from the classroom."

That implies he want wanted to go, was talked out of it by a school official and agreed with the decision to stay away.

Somewhere in there is the truth and a real timeline.

One article states he was "locked" in another room which presumes school officials did that.

Then you have this with an infuriating title and premise. It leads one to believe he made the decision to not engage and was subsequently "hustled into a classroom."

Armed vet destroys gun nuts’ argument on mass shooters by explaining why he didn’t attack Oregon killer

Hundreds gather for candlelight vigil in Roseburg: Mass shooting victims 'will live forever in our hearts'

That implies he want wanted to go, was talked out of it by a school official and agreed with the decision to stay away.

Can I quote you on another site I am a member on? It is a gun trading website called Southeast Traders That is a lot of good information that I think needs to get out there.

Can I quote you on another site I am a member on? It is a gun trading website called Southeast Traders That is a lot of good information that I think needs to get out there.

No. Reading those stories I have my own opinion and with the links readers can make their own conclusions. Write it up however you like, just don't quote me. Thank you.

Thanks!

Should probably consider a ban on knives and spoons as well. They are going to have to try and ban my nine iron next. Politicians I can live without them. The rights we fought for and continue to fight for shall not be infringed.

School shootings suck big time but people are going to continue to kill other people no matter how many laws are passed. I mean those college folks were in a gun free zone. What happened? The shooter couldn't read? Nah, you take away the rights of good people and law abiding citizens and bad shit like this is going to happen. Arm everyone who wants to be armed and less bad shit will happen. That is my opinion. YMMV

Becareful what you say! :-x

ER doctors are calling for a ban on long pointed kitchen knives to reduce deaths from stabbing.

Back