United States & Gun Control discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Britain HAS already started on the ban in the quoted article....

It hasn't. Yes, a few stupid doctors called for a ban on kitchen knives, but that was it. Here's what's actually banned.

Buying and carrying knives: the law - GOV.UK

Banned knives
There is a ban on the sale of some knives:

• flick knives (also called ‘switchblades’ or ‘automatic knives’) - where the blade is hidden inside the handle and shoots out when a button is pressed
  • butterfly knives - where the blade is hidden inside a handle that splits in two around it, like wings; the handles swing around the blade to open or close it
  • disguised knives, eg where the blade is hidden inside a belt buckle or fake mobile phone
  • gravity knives
  • sword-sticks
  • samurai swords (with some exceptions, including antiques and swords made to traditional methods before 1954)
  • hand or foot-claws
  • push daggers
  • hollow kubotan (cylinder-shaped keychain) holding spikes
  • shuriken (also known as ‘death stars’ or ‘throwing stars’)
  • kusari-gama (sickle attached to a rope, cord or wire)
  • kyoketsu-shoge (hook-knife attached to a rope, cord or wire)
  • kusari (weight attached to a rope, cord or wire)
Still pretty stupid, but what do you expect...

CNN and Fox's take on Hillary appearing to support gun confiscation. I think the headlines alone speak volumes.

NRA slams Hillary Clinton - CNNPolitics.com

NRA slams Hillary Clinton, claims she supports confiscating guns

Clinton suggests she'd consider mandatory gun buy-backs, sparking fears of ‘confiscation’

Clinton suggests she'd consider mandatory gun buy-backs, sparking fears of ‘confiscation’

The hilarious part is that CNN does nothing to refute Clinton's statement, but they turn it into an NRA bashing article. If nothing else, reading the links is worth it to see how the different "news" organizations handle the same story.

It is disturbing to say the least. I am wary of anything that woman says about guns and gun control. You would think from listening to her she wants us peasent folk to to back to living in huts.

And look at the "quality" firearms that end up in the gun buy-back bin at your local PD. It's like the Island of Misfit Toys. And for each piece of malfunctioning junk the incentive is enough cash to what, buy a case of beer? Good luck with that, Mrs. Clinton.

I have....

Edit by Freefalling.

You have lost your Goddamn mind, that's what you have. You are an Active Duty officer implying (I'm feeling charitable) that you'd assassinate a presidential candidate or that she needs to be assassinated? What are you thinking?

To those of you, including my fellow staff who had their posts soft-deleted, I think you see why but if you don't let me know and we'll discuss it.

---

I think for many of us if she dropped dead right this second our thoughts would be something like "Hillary's gone? Wow. Crazy ending to the Michigan State game yesterday!" I have a hard time believing most of us are sitting at home or work hoping she'll take a bullet. I could be wrong, but we will not advocate that on this forum for any candidate....except for guys like Putin or Karzai.

Funny that this is the same "lady" who bashed Sanders for looking at Denmark but she herself is looking at Australia??

RE: gun buybacks; what's the point to outlaw guns on the streets? Get guns off the streets so they cannot kill people? Who's doing the killing? Law-abiding citizens, criminals, unstable people???

Let's look at MD, a state with some pretty fricken strict gun laws. It is a "may issue" state but actually ONLY issues CCW permits to a special class of people (LEOs, business owners, and the rare exception of self-protection (need actual court documentation)) but absolutely bans average Joe from carrying a weapon off their property.

Why has murder rate in Baltimore skyrocketed post riots? It's already illegal for Joe to carry a gun in MD...so how/why gun violence so high? Criminals in MD don't abide by the state's gun laws but the Progressives think they'll follow a Federal law to buy back/confiscate?

Hillary's plan will simply dearm the law abiding populace and open us to MORE violence. Just imagine the entire US being a gun free zone where only criminals and police have weapons. Oh, this would be the same place where "non-violent" offenders get reduced (if any) jail time so more people who disregard laws would be put back on the streets.

So is the REAL idea to stop the mentally unstable person's access to guns? Is that REALLY such a threat that requires a Constitution change???

:blkeye:

Funny that this is the same "lady" who bashed Sanders for looking at Denmark but she herself is looking at Australia??

RE: gun buybacks; what's the point to outlaw guns on the streets? Get guns off the streets so they cannot kill people? Who's doing the killing? Law-abiding citizens, criminals, unstable people???

Let's look at MD, a state with some pretty fricken strict gun laws. It is a "may issue" state but actually ONLY issues CCW permits to a special class of people (LEOs, business owners, and the rare exception of self-protection (need actual court documentation)) but absolutely bans average Joe from carrying a weapon off their property.

Why has murder rate in Baltimore skyrocketed post riots? It's already illegal for Joe to carry a gun in MD...so how/why gun violence so high? Criminals in MD don't abide by the state's gun laws but the Progressives think they'll follow a Federal law to buy back/confiscate?

Hillary's plan will simply dearm the law abiding populace and open us to MORE violence. Just imagine the entire US being a gun free zone where only criminals and police have weapons. Oh, this would be the same place where "non-violent" offenders get reduced (if any) jail time so more people who disregard laws would be put back on the streets.

So is the REAL idea to stop the mentally unstable person's access to guns? Is that REALLY such a threat that requires a Constitution change???

Dearm? Sounds like a skin irritant. J/K bro. While I totally agree with most of what you said, I think we need to arm more people instead of looking at implementing new laws. There is already a law which bans mentally unstable people from owning or possessing firearms. People who want to kill other people will find a way to do it regardless of whether or not firearms are easily accessible. We should make a law against murder and enforce that. Oh wait? I guess laws don't prevent criminals from committing crimes after all.

In answer to your question. It is absolutely not a threat that requires a constitution change.

Is that REALLY such a threat that requires a Constitution change???

In answer to your question. It is absolutely not a threat that requires a constitution change.

When my rabid, unrepentant liberal, gun-hating friends chime in about "sensible gun control" I tell them I'm 100% on board. Once they find enough Congressmen and States to ratify a change to the Constitution, I'll sign off. They look utterly crushed because they know that will never happen. Their entire goal is to sidestep the Constitution through legislation and avoid an ugly, losing fight. Charge into the ambush and it takes the wind out of their sails.

There are other points one can make, but changing the 2nd Amendment tends to shut them down.

When my rabid, unrepentant liberal, gun-hating friends chime in about "sensible gun control" I tell them I'm 100% on board. Once they find enough Congressmen and States to ratify a change to the Constitution, I'll sign off. They look utterly crushed because they know that will never happen. Their entire goal is to sidestep the Constitution through legislation and avoid an ugly, losing fight. Charge into the ambush and it takes the wind out of their sails.

I fully expect an EO (he has a pen you know) in the waning days of this presidency followed by implementation (if a Democrat takes over the office) or a court battle (if a Republican takes over).

I wonder when they will tie guns to the black lives matter "cause"? Perhaps they should disarm the police so young black men wouldn't be blatantly murdered by police?:rolleyes: Would Micheal Brown have been killed if the policeman WAS NOT armed??? Would Gray be dead if Baltimore PD didn't have a paddy wagon???

(a stupid argument and I'm only trying to make a point via "progressive" logic...is there such a thing????)

A mandatory "gun buyback" IS CONFISCATION. You can't buy "back" property you never fucking owned.
No, it's not confiscation, it's voluntary, if the Australian model is followed. This means you get a dollar value for a gun you have, no questions asked. I say it again: we have not had a mass casualty shooting for some time.

No, it's not confiscation, it's voluntary, if the Australian model is followed. This means you get a dollar value for a gun you have, no questions asked. I say it again: we have not had a mass casualty shooting for some time.

voluntary and mandatory would seem to be a contradiction of terms...

Too true, the trick played here was it was promoted quite heavily, so it had the appearance of being compulsory when it was in fact voluntary. If perchance something does occur where you are, check the fine print.
BTW I went to the local LEO shop over something and had the pleasure of the guy at the front desk in front of me saying he had something to hand in. It was a LEO issued 12 gauge pumpy, beautiful, silver grey etc; when asked where he got it he said I'm only handing it in, I don't have to tell you how I got it.

That may be true, but that doesn't mean you can attribute it to gun control measures. Australia is an entirely different country with several different variables that affect why and how things happen-or don't.

It's interesting to also note that there had only been a few (I think 8 in the previous 100 years) mass casualty shootings previous to that anyways. And from what I looked up, I think there has been 3 mass casualty shootings since the laws. So do I think it could be implemented with success in the U.S.? Most likely not.

I say it again: we have not had a mass casualty shooting for some time.

That's very good to hear!

Does Australia have the "have an ill, take a pill!" mentality like we do? There are so many medications (advertised on TV) with the disclaimer "may cause suicidal tendencies".

I personally think there is a link between the crap Americans are taking and recent volumes of fucked up shit on the nightly news.

Back