United States & Gun Control discussion.

Yeah selling to someone who lives outside of your state is illegal. But you can meet at a licensed FFL dealer and do a transfer. Some good websites if you like to buy, sell, and trade firearms with a ton of useful information and discussions.
Southeast Traders
The Outdoors Trader

I love my toys and I wonder if they ban ARs and AKs for the general public how will that affect my tax stamped NFA items. Anyone have any opinions, comments, or general fuckery on that?

Wasn't covered in my CCW class, did they cover it in your class?
That said, if you live in NH you know Mass gun laws are strict, that's why it took a month to persuade him to go there.
Not Guilty verdict, or probation gets him turned over to MA Police for additional charges (which is why they picked MA and not ME)
You had to take a class for your CCW?

Not required in PA. I paid the fee and waited 14 days, and voila, there it was. I did have to wait a few days to buy my Glock that, tragically, was lost in the same boating accident that claimed the collection of @policemedic.

Damn rogue waves.

If you'd been in Bucks County you'd have walked out of the Sheriff's Office with your license in hand. Some counties are better than others; Philadelphia is the worst.

I read through all that and noticed that self-defense wasn't one of the listed genuine reasons for being issued with a license.

I also read through the list of prohibited weapons other than firearms; I've concluded that only harsh language and cans of Fosters are authorized for self defense purposes there.

I did meet an Aussie police officer at a conference in Mobile a few years ago. He was very forthright about the issue; he very clearly stated that the gun laws in Oz seemed to merely empower the criminals and violent crime rose.

If you even mention self defense with regards to firearms ownership in New Zealand and you'll be flagged and denied a license.
In fact the gun laws are set up to prevent you from using them in self defense. Ammo (maybe bolts too) must be stored in a separate locked receptacle than the firearms are.*

*I don't recall if that was for all categories or firearms or just semi-autos.

All of my buddies that have taken the CCW class have said that they are glad they took it though because it is very informative as to what that CCW permit actually allows them to do and what Louisiana determines as self-defense. I would venture to say that a good number of people that obtain a CCW permit do so without doing their due diligence on concealed carry laws. Many simply believe, "Hey, I can carry concealed now and use my gun in whatever I think is self-defense" which is simply not the case.

If you even mention self defense with regards to firearms ownership in New Zealand and you'll be flagged and denied a license.
In fact the gun laws are set up to prevent you from using them in self defense. Ammo (maybe bolts too) must be stored in a separate locked receptacle than the firearms are.*

*I don't recall if that was for all categories or firearms or just semi-autos.
That sucks.

Not required in PA. I paid the fee and waited 14 days, and voila, there it was. I did have to wait a few days to buy my Glock that, tragically, was lost in the same boating accident that claimed the collection of @policemedic.
A lot of fine firearms have been lost in tragic boating accidents. ;)
Yep, 8 (now 4 hrs)
I did also.
It's required in Louisiana as well as fingerprinting.
Mandatory training is just another way for the government to generate revenue. No classes here in Georgia but we have to be fingerprinted and have a background investigation done. I am hoping that here pretty soon we see a big change in the right to carry that will allow anyone that so desires the ability to exercise their second amendment rights without hurdles to jump through.

I also want to see 922r and the NFA in regards to suppressors be done away with. Everyone has the right to protect their hearing. People are working on it as we speak.

All of my buddies that have taken the CCW class have said that they are glad they took it though because it is very informative as to what that CCW permit actually allows them to do and what Louisiana determines as self-defense. I would venture to say that a good number of people that obtain a CCW permit do so without doing their due diligence on concealed carry laws. Many simply believe, "Hey, I can carry concealed now and use my gun in whatever I think is self-defense" which is simply not the case.
I am pretty sure I can figure out when to use my firearm without someone sitting on my shoulder telling me. YMMV.

Each state has different ROE and no carry locations.
I'd rather have the info before I start interacting with the Police

Part of my class was devoted to various laws concerning firearms; where you can carry, self defense, storage, etc. I'd like to know the legal angles it is at the very least a good education.

I am pretty sure I can figure out when to use my firearm without someone sitting on my shoulder telling me. YMMV.

True, but when you start a law that allows CHL, you must think of ALL of the people that are going to participate...veteran shooter to complete beginners. A firearms class is a good thing, and at least in Texas, people enjoy it. It's more than gun laws, it's the shooting, the care...etc.

I would hope so. I also hope that anyone who is in a situation where employing their firearm is the best COA would use it in the right way regardless of the law. However, it is much better to go in knowing the law than not.

Though let's be honest, for anyone without training in how to use their firearms in life or death situations, the law is most likely not going to pop into their heads. I would like to see local PDs or Sheriff's offices provide some type of training like that for those that ask for it.

Each state has different ROE and no carry locations.
I'd rather have the info before I start interacting with the Police
The locations and the rules are covered in the paperwork they give you with the license. I shouldn't have to ask permission (I.E. request a license) to protect myself and my family. I have never in 21 years of carrying a firearm as a civilian or military had any trouble with the police. If everyone was allowed the right to carry as they should be then there would be no interaction at all with the police. I would just be another person exercising my rights.

12004098_1008768659174770_6242123384815798687_n.jpg

Back