United States & Gun Control discussion.

CLEO signature isn't required. Should only take 30 days for a form 1 to clear if the paperwork is correct. I will say this, anything ever done for NFA should be on a trust.

And yet another example of something that the general public has probably never had to do before. e.g. I have no NFA items, so I've never set up a gun trust. Another expense and another area I know very little about that I will now be forced to do by this regulation.

(1) You'll need an ATF eForms account
(2) You'll need an NFA Trust
(3) You'll need Fingerprint Cards either from your local gun store or from silencershop. Silencershop has kiosks setup all around the country and it only takes one time registration to get your stuff on file. Makes it much easier when you buy something from them online. If you buy an NFA item from them, also buy the multi-shot trust. They'll basically create a trust for each purchase which allows you to submit without fingerprints of all parties that might be on a regular trust. You simply add someone later for that one particular item. Well worth it.
(4) You'll need to find a laser engraver for your lower. You're the manufacturer of the item, so your Trust info goes on it. If you do an individual stamp, your name goes on it instead of the Trust.
(5) Regarding the transport of an SBR, you'll need to fill out an ATF form 5320.20 for the location you'd like to travel. They can be sent in and approved for the calendar year so you can travel back and forth as you'd like. Suppressors don't need approval to travel.
(6) Make your overall length of your SBR to accommodate all uppers you might ever install. My understanding is you can go over, but not under. Yes, they need to be the same caliber. No 9" .300 BO on a registered 5.56 lower.

Great info GOTWA!

The online ATF eforms account is easy and makes the process fast. Most gun shops that deal with tax stamp guns have an engraver on site...pretty cheap.

You don't need a trust, you can do an individual stamp....but the trust is great if you want to add family members and they can take possession after you pass...etc. I have a couple of early SBR's I did on individual stamps, I'll be adding them to the trust.

A pretty massive caveat here (https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/docs/undefined/eformone-externalguidancewithqapdf/download, FAQ Question 27):
Therefore, an eForm 1 application to register a firearm equipped with a “stabilizing brace” to a trust will be disapproved if the applicant fails to demonstrate the trust possessed the firearm prior to the date the final rule is published Federal Register.

If you try to add it to the trust after the rule is published, you will not be able to. I'm not sure when they're going to publish it, but a quick publication could result in a VERY short window in which you can add it to the trust. If that were my intention, it would be my first order of business Tuesday morning.

Man, there's like 87 threads about this on either M4C or arfcom.

The infighting right now needs to stop in both boards, because this short game is not exactly a winning battle.

Anyway, I own no braced items, only NFA. Braces weren't even invented yet at the time when the only option back in the day was a smooth receiver extension. Ya, I wanted a stock and not a tennis ball or a cheek only to sight in with.

I understand the issue with those being affected but will say that tearing each other down is not the answer here. A grassroots movement and supporting GOA to take them on in court is the actual answer really.

Anyway just suggestions. Even if nothing happens there well it's still a shot of actually happening than over here on the boards where no chance of anything can happen really.

I think if people have to now register an arm brace as an SBR, I say just go ahead and put an actual stock on it. And at that point, make it a bump stock, since those are legal again.
This has basically been my thinking with the whole situation. I thought that arm braces were always going to get in this situation because of all the youtube gun guys constantly highlighting that "you can totally use it as a workaround to make a SBR".
It only seemed like a matter of time until the ATF took this action.

This has basically been my thinking with the whole situation. I thought that arm braces were always going to get in this situation because of all the youtube gun guys constantly highlighting that "you can totally use it as a workaround to make a SBR".
It only seemed like a matter of time until the ATF took this action.

Your exactly right, it was only a matter of time.

Watching the news.

Shootings × 2 in California (mass), crazy, strict gun free zones, almost impossible to own guns.

Shooting in Des Moines, Iowa at a school for "challenged kids", AKA, hood rat jerk offs.

Oh, it's almost like criminals don't follow laws, gun free zones and so on, crazy.

Shootings × 2 in California (mass), crazy, strict gun free zones, almost impossible to own guns.
Once you begin to recognize the game, it is almost laughable if the topic itself was not so sad.

Let’s not pretend that if the shooter had not been Asian, the ‘motive’ would not be in question; instead the motive would be anounced as another example of ‘Asian Hate’, accurate or not.

Police seek why 72-year-old gunman shot up Los Angeles-area dance hall

Last edited:
Once you begin to recognize the game, it is almost laughable if the topic itself was not so sad.

Let’s not pretend that if the shooter had not been Asian, the ‘motive’ would not be in question; instead the motive would be anounced as another example of ‘Asian Hate’, accurate or not.

Police seek why 72-year-old gunman shot up Los Angeles-area dance hall

Up until the stand off, multiple news agencies were reporting it as a “suspected hate crime” because it was tied to the lunar new year.

Also, how the category of hate crime exists, blows my mind. It seems redundant.

I was literally at the Flying Fish Bar and Grill yesterday. The pinned address is where the shooting occurred.

Fucking crazy to think a shooting happened in that town after passing through there.
Screenshot_20230123_185723_Maps.jpg

Back