US Army SOF Photos

i made this... thought it was kinda funny.. but everybody has different humor haha:

63109_159472347430886_100001043652993_304733_7964275_n.jpg

Polish Mi-8....

21kbi93.jpg
2q01460.jpg
xy6o6.jpg
U.S. Special Operations Forces with Special Operations Task Force - East unload supplies for Afghan commandos with 2nd Commmando Kandak during a cordon and search operation in Ghazni province, Afghanistan, Nov. 7, 2010. (U.S. Army photo by Sgt. Justin P. Morelli/Released)

j7difr.jpg
Afghan Commandos, from 2nd Commando Kandak, assisted by U.S. Special Forces, from Special Operations Task Force-East, patrol a village during an operation in Dand Patan district. The three-day operation was conducted to reinforce the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan presence in remote villages along the Afghanistan and Pakistan border in Paktia province, Afghanistan, Nov. 28.

9vbouq.jpg
A U.S. Special Forces Soldier, from Special Operations Task Force-East, provides overwatch while Afghan Commandos, from 2nd Commando Kandak, patrol a during an operation in Dand Patan district. The three-day operation was conducted to reinforce the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan presence in remote villages along the Afghanistan and Pakistan border in Paktia province, Afghanistan, Nov. 28.

2vmztok.jpg
Afghan Commandos from 2nd Commando Kandak and U.S. Special Forces from Special Operations Task Force-East await movement for an operation. The three-day operation was conducted to reinforce the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan presence in remote villages along the Afghanistan and Pakistan border in the Dand Patan District, Paktia province, Nov. 28.

vza8oy.jpg
A U.S. Army Special Forces soldier, from Special Operations Task Force-East, watches Afghan Commandos, from 2nd Commando Kandak, while patrolling a village in Dand Patan District during an operation. The three-day operation was conducted to reinforce the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan presence in remote villages along the Afghanistan and Pakistan border in Paktia province, Afghanistan, Nov. 30.

2vc7y3p.jpg
Afghan Commandos, from 2nd Commando Kandak, assisted by U.S. Special Forces, from Special Operations Task Force-East, patrol a village in Dand Patan district during an operation. The three-day operation was conducted to reinforce the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan presence in remote villages along the Afghanistan and Pakistan border in Paktia province, Afghanistan, Nov. 30.

in66q9.jpg
A U.S. Special Forces soldier observes Afghan Commandos, from 2nd Commando Kandak, and USSF, from Special Operations Task Force-East, patrol a village in Dand Patan district during an operation. The three-day operation was conducted to reinforce the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan presence in remote villages along the Afghanistan and Pakistan border in Paktia province, Afghanistan, Nov. 30.

2aaddhx.jpg
Afghan Commandos from 2nd Commando Kandak, assisted by U.S. Army Special Forces, from Special Operations Task Force - East, patrol outside the village of Barakat, during a cordon and search operation in Ghazni province, Nov. 7.

2r5e2b4.jpg
Afghan Commandos, from 2nd Commando Kandak, and U.S. Special Forces, from Special Operations Task Force-East, speak to an Afghan during an operation in Dand Patan district. The three-day operation was conducted to reinforce the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan presence in remote villages along the Afghanistan and Pakistan border in Paktia province, Afghanistan, Nov. 28.

Ravage, 2nd pic in your most recent post...where is that RCA cable coming from? It looks like it's sticking out of the side of the rifle.

I had to Google Peltors, thanks for the info! I figured it was something like that, but it just looked odd and out of place (to this non-military person) in the picture.

33f3mz9.jpg
Two Special Forces snipers carry a casualty during a day stress event at the 2010 USASOC Sniper Competition at Fort Bragg, N.C. "The competition is in it's second year," said Master Sgt. Kevin Owens, the non-commissioned officer in charge of the Special Forces Sniper Course. "Initially, it started to get all the snipers from all over the United States together to help improve the sniper community within Special Forces, as well as the U.S. Special Operations.

161zsww.jpg
A Special Forces sniper engages a target during the night stress event at the 2010 USASOC Sniper Competition at Fort Bragg. "The night and day stress events were extremely improtant to us as snipers," said Staff Sgt. Derek Balboa, an instructor at the U.S. Army Sniper School. "They were very close to what we are going to see on a combat mission."

1kzs2.jpg
A sniper tries to blend in with his surroundings during the 2010 USASOC Sniper Competition. "To me,the best thing about this competition is it shows the weak points in your training," said Sgt. 1st Class Charles Zalewski, a sniper with 5th Special Forces Group. "It identifies what you need to train on to better the force."

2iqg6s3.jpg
A sniper checks his scope after firing a round to confirm if he hit his target. The sniper was a participant in the 2010 USASOC Sniper Competition at Fort Bragg. "I think one extremely important thing I will take away from this competition is what equipment works and what doesn't," said Sgt. 1st Class Sidney Abbott, a sniper in 3rd Special Forces Group. "It helps to see who's using what and how the have it set up."

2dwghhj.jpg
A Special Forces sniper runs through a high stress event during the 2010 USASOC Sniper Competition at Fort Bragg, N.C. "All the events in the competition encompassed multiple challenging tasks that we have to be expected to do as snipers," said Sgt. 1st Class Charles Zalewski, a sniper with 5th Special Forces Group.

2dsmid2.jpg
A sniper prepares to engage a target during the 2010 USASOC Sniper Competition at Fort Bragg. "Leading into the competition, I knew this course would be challenging," said Sgt. 1st Class Charles Zalewski, a sniper with 5th Special Forces Group. "All the events in the competition encompassed multiple challenging task that we have to be expected to do as snipers."

Quick question to the 'in the know' over there. Often I see a photos of a guy/gall posing for the sake of realism in an IED scenario. They are missing a limb....or two. They are real deals who are a leg/arm shorter, but decided to help out for training sake?

Also, I've noticed the growing popularity of the AI stock:

orig.jpg

I understand its not the same rifle, just the stock. Is it that more effective/efficient for the schooter? than, let's say, the standard M700 stock ?

Back