Watches

I'm starting to watch watch restoration videos on YouTube.

There's something satisfying about watching someone clean every nook and cranny of each part, put everything together, and watching everything work in harmony.

I'm addicted to those videos and also shoe cobbler videos

Last edited:
Just picked up this Luminox Navy Diver….
View attachment 39368

I’m done buying watches for a while until I can sock away enough cash to get myself a Omega SeaMaster 2354.50.

I’ve been coveting one for quite a while; time to get it done.
Nice! I have two Luminox, & love 'em. My son said his electronic watch charges overnight. I said mine's GTG for 10 years. :p

I'm starting to watch watch restoration videos on YouTube.

There's something satisfying about watching someone clean every nook and cranny of each part, put everything together, and watching everything work in harmony.
I would never be able to get that thing back together again.

Citizen Skyhawk AT, paid $119 out the door at a pawnshop in Carson City a few years ago. Plain old Apple Watch with a clip on compass. That I clip on my cuff or map edge as needed.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I imagine you aren’t shooting azimuth with it, but have you noticed any issues with the electronics and metal in the Apple Watch affecting the compass?
Yes Sir I have. It is completely inaccurate while clipped on the band. It is easy to remove from the band though. To clip it onto my map cover. When I am out orienteering. I have a mil issue tritium Cammenga and a Silva Ranger. Along with a couple of cheaper Suunto’s. That I hand out to people.

Just picked up this Luminox Navy Diver….
View attachment 39368

I’m done buying watches for a while until I can sock away enough cash to get myself a Omega SeaMaster 2354.50.

I’ve been coveting one for quite a while; time to get it done.
Check out SwissWatchExpo. I've went to their brick and mortar in Atlanta and scheduled a block of time for a showing to look at their watches. They're legit, and if you dont mind authentic pre-owned for 25% off, they're the place to go. Got my seamaster from there back in 2018. Price and inventory will vary, but I was able to get a Seamaster Professional with the original case/tags/etc for a very generous price.

Back