What Are You Currently Reading?

Finished Finding Ultra by Rich Roll,
Thank me for my service by Matt Best,
Life Undercover by Amaryllis Fox.

Fantastic reads from all of them, Amazing individuals that’s done amazing things for the world. Highly recommend all these books.

Up next: Walden and Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau
And Meditations by Marcus Aurelius.

Can someone help me out? @Gunz story about MACSOG reminded me there's a well regarded author who used to write about them but his name has escaped me.

Also there was a book about SF in West Berlin and their sneaky sneaky work.

I'm reading Checkpoint Charlie by Iain Macgregor at the moment and I was reminded of the Berlin book. Great book so far would recommend.

I've been reading Awaken Online

Jason logs into Awaken Online fed-up with reality. He's in desperate need of an escape, and this game is his ticket to finally feeling the type of power and freedom that are so sorely lacking in his real life.

Awaken Online is a brand new virtual reality game that just hit the market, promising an unprecedented level of immersion. Yet Jason quickly finds himself pushed down a path he didn't expect. In this game, he isn't the hero. There are no damsels to save. There are no bad guys to vanquish.

I'm on the 5th book I think. If you liked Ready Player One (book, not garbage movie), you might enjoy this one. Little bit more complex and fun to read.

also.. the "side quests" are incredibly complementary to the story and really should be read in the right order

I just finished Marine! The Life of Chesty Puller. It was on the shelf, collecting dust, a book my mom gave my dad for their anniversary in 1962.

The writing is a solid 'meh,' but the story is riveting. Everyone here knows who he was so I don't need to expound on that.

Now I am re-reading One Perfect Op... autobiography of former ST6 plank owner Dennis Chalker. I was introduced to him in 2003 through an acquaintance, I had no idea who he was, he ended up giving me a signed copy with a nice inscription.

I've been reading Awaken Online

I'm on the 5th book I think. If you liked Ready Player One (book, not garbage movie), you might enjoy this one. Little bit more complex and fun to read.

also.. the "side quests" are incredibly complementary to the story and really should be read in the right order
If you haven't discovered Royal Road yet, you're welcome! ;-)

Lots of serialized web fics, many in the isekai and xianxia genres. And it's all free to read (yes, there's a lot of crap there as well).

Last edited:
Crusaders--the Epic History of the Wars for the Holy Lands by Dan Jones, 2019.

Great read, impeccable research, heroes, villians, lotz o' slaughter.
I thoroughly enjoy reading all of his writings. He also does a lot of documentary work.

Back