What Are You Currently Reading?

Finished The Pueblo Surrender by Robert Liston. It can be a little difficult at time, with how he jumps from one person to another as a source, but it’s an interesting look at what could be the story of how and why the Pueblo was surrendered/captured. Towards the end he gets a little tin-foiled with the operations of the NSA, leading me to question the whole book and myself.

Next up is First Voyage.

In the first five chapters of Terminal List, when it comes to gear Carr is way too descriptive...like I don't care about the Ops-Core helmet. Did Ops-Core pay for the mentions? Some of it reads like a bunch of sponsor deals got done.

But through Chapter 5 and I'm like, yup, I can see the SecDef trying to get a O-4 for treason to cover up a shit Op. As some of you guys said, it feels all too real.

A Reluctant Warrior by Kenneth Volker about an F-4 pilot at the tail end of Vietnam and Bait: The Battle of Kham Duc by James Mcleroy and Gregory Sanders.

I just finished The Kennedy Chronicles by the 90's MTV VJ of the same name. A very good book if that period of pop culture and music interests you. Unknown (to me at least) trivia: Kennedy is a conservative and was even while at MTV, something she knew had to conceal because of bias in the media and entertainment industry at that time.

Last edited:
A Reluctant Warrior by Kenneth Volker about an F-4 pilot at the tail end of Vietnam and Bait: The Battle of Kham Duc by James Mcleroy and Gregory Sanders.

I just finished The Kennedy Chronicles by the 90's MTV VJ of the same name. A very good book if that period of pop culture and music interests you. Unknown (to me at least) trivia: Kennedy is a conservative and was even while at MTV, something she knew had to conceal because of bias in the media and entertainment industry at that time.
Kennedy is on Fox News a lot, or at least she was.

I rarely watch the news or talk shows, so that was surprising to me. She did write some about being a Conservative at MTV and how she had to watch her on-air commentary or comments in general.
Being a conservative... one key part of the diversity discussion that is not embraced by diversity champions.

Seriously, how many conservatives feel the same in their daily jobs? I be willing to bet the percentage is very high in certain industries and nearly all large corporations. Anyway, probably not a topic for this thread.

Finished The Pueblo Surrender by Robert Liston. It can be a little difficult at time, with how he jumps from one person to another as a source, but it’s an interesting look at what could be the story of how and why the Pueblo was surrendered/captured. Towards the end he gets a little tin-foiled with the operations of the NSA, leading me to question the whole book and myself.

Next up is First Voyage.
First Voyage was a good read, detailing how a couple and their nine year old son sold everything they had and completed a circumnavigation of the globe in a 32 foot sailboat, over the course of 2.5 years. Everything took place during the late 70’s, so navigation was all through sextant calculations. As someone who aspires to sail upon retirement, it quickly drew me in.

Next up, is Book of Honor. While visiting CIA headquarters for an article he is writing, he notices the Book of Honor with nearly 50 stars with no names associated with them. He challenges himself to connect a name to every star.

At this point, I’m unsure how I feel. While the idea as he pitches it is noble, there is a reason some of those names aren’t there. The author is notable for disclosing the existence of Greenbriar Resort, the secret underground bunker intended for members of Congress.

Being a conservative... one key part of the diversity discussion that is not embraced by diversity champions.

Seriously, how many conservatives feel the same in their daily jobs? I be willing to bet the percentage is very high in certain industries and nearly all large corporations. Anyway, probably not a topic for this thread.
Diversity of thought? Hahaha.

Have read several of O'Reilly's books. What I like is that you always get an unbiased account from an otherwise opinionated guy. However, depending on how informed you are going in, he doesn't usually present a lot of new information. Easy reads for someone wanting some thorough but basic knowledge. Just started on this.20221020_145634.jpg

Special Forces Berlin by James Stejskal is $2.99 in the Kindle store right now. Probably THE book about SF's Det A in Berlin. Great read, highly recommended.

First Voyage was a good read, detailing how a couple and their nine year old son sold everything they had and completed a circumnavigation of the globe in a 32 foot sailboat, over the course of 2.5 years. Everything took place during the late 70’s, so navigation was all through sextant calculations. As someone who aspires to sail upon retirement, it quickly drew me in.

Next up, is Book of Honor. While visiting CIA headquarters for an article he is writing, he notices the Book of Honor with nearly 50 stars with no names associated with them. He challenges himself to connect a name to every star.

At this point, I’m unsure how I feel. While the idea as he pitches it is noble, there is a reason some of those names aren’t there. The author is notable for disclosing the existence of Greenbriar Resort, the secret underground bunker intended for members of Congress.
The Book of Honor by Ted Gup is a pretty good read. He details the deaths of various CIA employees across multiple eras in the Agency’s history.

I was initially hesitant, but after reading, I see that many of the names were already public knowledge. In my eyes, he is bringing some closure to the families, by getting the CIA to add the names to their Book.

One thing I did find interesting, is just how intertwined the whole Agency was, and how often the same names pop up throughout all of the lives he details.

Final note on this book. The book ends with an afterword from the author, talking about the Agency using “secret evidence” to detain foreigners. The date is January 2001. I can only wonder how he felt months later.

Next in my stack is Shadow Divers. A true story of two divers discovering a German U-Boat off the coast of New Jersey.

The Book of Honor by Ted Gup is a pretty good read. He details the deaths of various CIA employees across multiple eras in the Agency’s history.

I was initially hesitant, but after reading, I see that many of the names were already public knowledge. In my eyes, he is bringing some closure to the families, by getting the CIA to add the names to their Book.

One thing I did find interesting, is just how intertwined the whole Agency was, and how often the same names pop up throughout all of the lives he details.

Final note on this book. The book ends with an afterword from the author, talking about the Agency using “secret evidence” to detain foreigners. The date is January 2001. I can only wonder how he felt months later.

Next in my stack is Shadow Divers. A true story of two divers discovering a German U-Boat off the coast of New Jersey.
Absolutely amazing book that I couldn’t put down. If you have the slightest interest in diving, or WW2 naval history, Shadow Divers will appeal to both.

The ability of the author to cover the story in such great detail, while leaving you hanging the entire time was much appreciated.

A renewed interested has caused me to re-stack my books to read, and now I am beginning Blind Man’s Bluff. The Untold Story of American Submarine Espionage.

Absolutely amazing book that I couldn’t put down. If you have the slightest interest in diving, or WW2 naval history, Shadow Divers will appeal to both.

The ability of the author to cover the story in such great detail, while leaving you hanging the entire time was much appreciated.

A renewed interested has caused me to re-stack my books to read, and now I am beginning Blind Man’s Bluff. The Untold Story of American Submarine Espionage.

I've read Blind Man's Bluff. It's a very good book. Reaffirms my choice to not have gone to the submarine community.

I'll have to put the other book on my list. There are two U-boats off NC, one diveable, the other, not. I dig that type of story.

I read(listened) to this a few months ago. My dad was on the Seawolf in the late 70’s and early 80’s. They did some crazy ass shit.

Back