What Are You Currently Reading?

I haven’t. I originally read the book in high school, before the military. It is interesting to read it with my perspective now.

I agree, with a lot of the military themed books and movies. It's a solid fair. Worth watching if it happens to be on, but don't go out of your way to see it. But it's a great book.

Heat 2: A prequel and a sequel to the movie Heat with Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Val Kilmer etc.

80 pages in so far. They place both the robbery crew and the cop from the movie together at the same time in Chicago before the setting of the 1995 movie. The two are not intertwined while in Chicago. I'm not understanding how Al Pacinos character from the movie could be a detective in Chicago, then several years later be a detectivein LA when the crew is also out there taking scores.

The book also goes to post downtown LA police shootout with the crew with Val Kilmer's character, since he's the only survivor. He eventually escapes to Asia, but im not there yet.

I'll give a rating in a few months when i finally finish this, but so far its pretty good. Can't wait for the movie.

Is this actually a book or a leaked script?

Book.

Director of the original Michael Mann came out and said it will be his next movie a couple years ago, production either starts in 2024 or already started.

Finished the first 3 books of the Red Rising series. First book was much too YA, Hunger games meets Enders game for me. The second book was much better with a huge tone shift pretty early and much larger stakes. 3rd was the best by far but seemed to retcon quite a few points from the first 2. Overall, 6.5/10 and I probably won’t read the next 3.

Also picked up a copy of Armor by John Steakly on the recommendation from you guys.

Finished the first 3 books of the Red Rising series. First book was much too YA, Hunger games meets Enders game for me. The second book was much better with a huge tone shift pretty early and much larger stakes. 3rd was the best by far but seemed to retcon quite a few points from the first 2. Overall, 6.5/10 and I probably won’t read the next 3.

Also picked up a copy of Armor by John Steakly on the recommendation from you guys.

I'm a Howler, I need to read the third book in the second trilogy. Hopefully this becomes a mini-series.

Man you just reminded me of Enders Game. Truly one of the best books I've ever read!

HEAT 2: A Novel

Pretty dope book with lots of surprises for fans of the original hit movie. Neal McCauley's highline burglary crew and Detective Vincent Hanna's origin story with a bunch of action. With some of the high profile heists in the news lately, it's almost as if a real life crew was used as tech advisors. Vault heists, alarms, tracking police comms, phony documents etc. The sequel follows the only surviving member of the crew as he starts life anew with his assumed identity, working with a new organization in S. America. He branches out over the years on a scheme to earn enough to get his wife and child out of LA.

Without giving away to much of the story, one major flaw in my eyes is putting the characters in the prequel in close proximity on the other side of the country. It starts in 1988 Chicago, both the highline crew and the LA detective. Of all the crooks and thieves in Chicago, they just had to bring them together, to the same locations, around the same time. Though they don't directly come in contact, they cross paths and add some elements that will all converge once again later in LA. Even though the story was pretty well done, I was kind of sour on that aspect, but hey, it's fiction...

4/5 Hostages released

Back