Whats your backup plan?

Only time will tell at this point. I'm not even physically capable of getting in currently so it's neither here nor there at the moment. While I'm usually a planner, I'm going in to this a little differently. If I fail out, I'll figure it out then, but this is a huge commitment that deserves 100% of my attention without the backup plan getting in the way.
Alright, guy. I am trying to be nice about this, but I am running out of patience at this point. I want to highlight one thing.

Your bolded statement highlights exactly why I am beginning to be frustrated with you.

"100% commitment to an endeavor" means logically looking at all outcomes and planning appropriately. COA development, war gaming, analysis and a mature acceptance of appropriate contingency planning are all signs of "100% commitment to an endeavor".

"I'll figure it out when I get there" after multiple attempts by multiple people to guide you in the right direction displays immaturity, inability to be coached/trained, and overconfidence. Those traits are counterproductive to a special operations candidate at your level. That's the nice way of saying it.

Alright, guy. I am trying to be nice about this, but I am running out of patience at this point. I want to highlight one thing.

Your bolded statement highlights exactly why I am beginning to be frustrated with you.

"100% commitment to an endeavor" means logically looking at all outcomes and planning appropriately. COA development, war gaming, analysis and a mature acceptance of appropriate contingency planning are all signs of "100% commitment to an endeavor".

"I'll figure it out when I get there" after multiple attempts by multiple people to guide you in the right direction displays immaturity, inability to be coached/trained, and overconfidence. Those traits are counterproductive to a special operations candidate at your level. That's the nice way of saying it.

Okay. Fair enough

"We don't rise to the occasion, we fall to the level of our training" - as seen over the entrance to 1-87 Infantry (no idea where it originally came from)

Just because I'm curious.....what is your blunt way of saying it? I know you have one, and I'm interested. If you think I will never make it in, those are good things for me to hear.

If I don't make it the first time, I'm going to want to come back. I'm not just going to drop out of the military because I don't make it in.

Just because I'm curious.....what is your blunt way of saying it? I know you have one, and I'm interested. If you think I will never make it in, those are good things for me to hear.

If I don't make it the first time, I'm going to want to come back. I'm not just going to drop out of the military because I don't make it in.

popc1.gif

That's not what this thread is about and I'd like to keep it a place where older dudes can help our younger dudes out.

You're older than most, and you're behind as far as physical preparation. It's already an uphill battle for 19 year olds in the shape of their life.

My advice would be contact a Spec Ops Recruiting Liaison through an AF recruiter and get enrolled in the Scout, recruit, develop curriculum, and seek out advice from a smart fitness and nutrition coach familiar with special operations selections.

These are things you can and should be able to complete yourself, with little to no guidance.

That's not what this thread is about and I'd like to keep it a place where older dudes can help our younger dudes out.

You're older than most, and you're behind as far as physical preparation. It's already an uphill battle for 19 year olds in the shape of their life.

My advice would be contact a Spec Ops Recruiting Liaison through an AF recruiter and get enrolled in the Scout, recruit, develop curriculum, and seek out advice from a smart fitness and nutrition coach familiar with special operations selections.

These are things you can and should be able to complete yourself, with little to no guidance.
I would set your ears to receive mode here. @amlove21 is a senior member of the community you aspire to join. Most candidates don't get to speak to him or someone like him for more than a few moments never mind get this level of mentorship. Please act accordingly. It's easy for intent to get misconstrued online.

We're starting to stray from the thread's intent. Let's get it back on track by closing out this PJ quit/fail exchange.

I would set your ears to receive mode here. @amlove21 is a senior member of the community you aspire to join. Most candidates don't get to speak to him or someone like him for more than a few moments never mind get this level of mentorship. Please act accordingly. It's easy for intent to get misconstrued online.

Absolutely! I'm going to take the advice of keeping my mouth shut and reading as much as I can. Lot of information on this forum and I'm thankful for the opportunity to learn from those who have actually "walked the walk."

It's been awhile since this thread was used, but if anyone still checks it my backup plan if I fail is just to do whatever job I'm stuck with until I can try again, and then try again. I don't plan to give up on my dreams though, but if I fail for whatever reason I'll just suck it up.

@Blitz generally this will always be checked :thumbsup:

My Backup Plan: If I were to succeed and become a PJ then I would hope to go career with it, if not career then serve my time, do my duty and use my experience that I attained through it to better myself even more so, and pass it on to those that need it. If I were to Fail out, quit, or get injured, then to the needs of the USAF.I would hopefully try to circle back into the rescue/support area like as an SMA after exhausting all options to try for Pararescue again. A better day than the last with a smile on my face and a positive attitude would be all I ask for given whatever circumstance i'm thrown into.

New member here; 16 year old in preparation for Pararescue. Still continuing the backup plan part of this thread. As for right now, because my reason for joining Pararescue isn't because "I was born to do it", or "I've wanted to do it since I was little". It's because I want to help those that are injured, and save those on the brink of death. That being said, if I do fail, and if I do have the choice of AFSC after that; I'll likely go into some form of the medical side of the Air Force until I can try again. If anyone has any good positions in the section of the Air Force, please list them!

Software development and/or UX Engineering on contract until I can go back to school for a post-baccs.

I'm not disillusioned by images of me cruising through the pipeline to becoming a SARC, like I said in TLDR20's thread "First Post" I'm aware of the failure rates, Murphy's Law is a constant and cruel mistress and if anything I gained from growing up life will grab you by the short and curlys when you think you're on top of the world.

If I don't become a SARC them I'm fine with it, I'll try again but no matter what happens I'll still serve as the best Corpsman I can be where ever I go, and if for whatever reason I don't make it through to even become a Corpsman. Well I'm not entirely sure, I'd like to work as an EMT or even as a nurse in an ER somewhere.

Back