Who makes the best Combat Boot?

Danner has some good pairs if you can deal with clunkers. Durable as hell. When I was on a tank I'd only roll with Rivots to be honest, everything else kind of sucks. But I'd say super heavy if you're marching a bunch with how everything has gone towards lightweight footwear.

Nikes or Rocky "Commercial Boot" are great for office shit or foot marches from the COF. My feet tend to be shit and the best boots I've had had were some Oakleys and Rocky S2Vs when it came to field work.

I love Garmonts, have a pair of Bifida T8s that I’ve done roughly 100 miles in. But upon suggesting them to a buddy that is active in the 101st he said they won’t be AR-670-1 come October. So, I’d suggest looking into that.

I can't seem to find any information on why they wouldn't be authorized in October. It is my understanding that, come October, as long as they're the Coyote T8s, they're good to go. I will look into it though.

Figured after a few years and a few more pairs of footwear I’d post my thoughts.

Nike SFB’s - a popular boot but one I personally hated. I felt they were too pinched around the toe box.

Rocky SV2’s - a boot that I could use for both garrison and field work. No complaints. They come in steel-toe as well.

Lowa Zephyr - Bought a pair in 2014 and they’re still going strong. The comfiest pair of boots I own and coupled with a good pair of socks will remain my go-to.

Salomon XA Pro 3D - I’ve used both the goretex and non-goretex versions for deployment, hiking, hopscotch, you name it. Comfortable and the quick-laces are a plus.

Salewa Wildfires - Driven by them being the flavor of the month I decided to try them out. Great lacing system, comfortable, and so far no problems with durability. If they hold up on deployment I may just replace Salomon’s with them as they also come in a Gtx version.

Crocs - big rubber masturbating shoes. Check your ego and get a pair.

Lowas are seriously built to last, and great customer service.

I like Salomon, but it seems, at least in my experience, they're just not quite as durable. I've had issues with the lamination and fabric ripping.

I pronate really bad and have to wear a stability running shoe. Unfortunately when I went through Selection, we were forced to wear Nike FSBs (recently replaced Bates Lites issued at BUD/S Orientation). I liked them worlds better than the Bates Lites, but I need a boot that can act like a stability shoe to keep me from pronating inward, while being lightweight enough for me to run and ruck in. It also needs to be an 8inch boot, preferably in coyote (or similar) but black will work too.

I was looking into Lowa, I recently heard they were amazing. I just don’t know if they would be good to run in. I may still get them anyway for hours out at sea.

I pronate really bad and have to wear a stability running shoe. Unfortunately when I went through Selection, we were forced to wear Nike FSBs (recently replaced Bates Lites issued at BUD/S Orientation). I liked them worlds better than the Bates Lites, but I need a boot that can act like a stability shoe to keep me from pronating inward, while being lightweight enough for me to run and ruck in. It also needs to be an 8inch boot, preferably in coyote (or similar) but black will work too.

I was looking into Lowa, I recently heard they were amazing. I just don’t know if they would be good to run in. I may still get them anyway for hours out at sea.
You cannot beat the Garmont NFS, or Belleville 320's.

Lowas are seriously built to last, and great customer service.

I like Salomon, but it seems, at least in my experience, they're just not quite as durable. I've had issues with the lamination and fabric ripping.

I wore a sand pair of desert uplanders for a WHILE, still have em, I just wish they came in Coyote. I have been running the Garmont T8 NFS while I've riding a desk and training, as well as a coyote pair of the 1st gen Nike SFBs.

Back