Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

CNN's riveting, live coverage on its website:

Donald Trump and his attorneys and the prosecutors are occasionally chatting amongst themselves, but they are mostly sitting still and waiting for the judge and the jury to return.

Trump has just taken something out of his pocket and popped it into his mouth.

Trump was probably guilty of everything he was accused of, but I don’t know if those particular charges should have been the poster child for future Presidential trials (of which there will now be). Dig far enough and there are likely chargeable options for nearly any high level politician or Billionaire…People don’t get to those positions by being nice people. Pandora’s Box has been opened, I hope it was worth it.

The precedent has been set.
That was already done when "smoked but didn't inhale" was viewed as credible honesty back in the 90's. Also that a BJ from a woman not from your wife and in a position of power and authority as the POTUS over, was not unbecoming or even wrong.

This means nothing, we no longer have the balls to call them on their BS taking to task with righteous fury. Remember, the RNC gave zero resistance to Executive Order 9066. That should have been the precedent of precedents there to remove an incumbent POTUS.

Trump was probably guilty of everything he was accused of, but I don’t know if those particular charges should have been the poster child for future Presidential trials (of which there will now be). Dig far enough and there are likely chargeable options for nearly any high level politician or Billionaire…People don’t get to those positions by being nice people. Pandora’s Box has been opened, I hope it was worth it.
Well said.

I dont know - after scoring a guilty on a 34 counts - I'm thinking they might deicde to run with the doucment case as well
and the Georgia election fraud case
and a civil case from stoney damsel for sexual assault
and a civil case from his lawyer for libel

lawfare doesnt end until the enemy is in prison

That would require a level of self-awareness that is distinctly lacking in their party.

During the runup to the 2016 elections, the media loved Trump because of his ratings, but that quickly changed once they realized they helped/ were helping him into the WH.

I agree with you about the rank and file, but the power brokers are nervously waiting to see how this plays in polls. Trolling some leftist media sites this morning, their articles and opinion pieces have a rough pattern. 70-80% of each article gloats over the guilty verdicts while the remainder of each article's space expresses cautious optimism at best and some outright negativity buried towards the bottom.

Back