1208 ASPOC/A&S

Corporals is useful for understanding all the technical pieces of being an NCO (sword manual, drill, giving classes) ....for me the leadership half seemed more like common sense broken down and taught with the all powerful Power Point :mad: twas painful

That's what I was thinking myself. The course overall is pretty easy, we finish this Friday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Negative, I still have to go through ASPOC/A&S. If all goes well this Aug/Sept I'll hopefully be attending the January ITC, but that's def. not my main focus at this time.

Have you already been through selection?

Ah okay, goodluck brother. I was selected this past August class. Getting ready to execute orders for the upcoming ITC class.

Thanks 8654Marine, and no arch_angel, I returned at the end of march last year from Afghan. My 5 year contract ended up helping me out with suffice time to do A&S and then I just reenlisted in December .

Last edited:
Oh alright. I've got a few buddies down there with 2/4. Did you happen to know a LCpl Tarwoe? He got hit last year or the year before. He had the thickest African accent you could imagine and he was about 5' tall.

No I can't say I've heard that name, I'm in STA and my team worked for Fox company, so I'm really only familiar with them. I grew up in Fox before I went to snipers back in 2010.

To guys that have already attened Aspoc/A&S, what swim stroke would you recommend works the best under those circumstances, buddy of mine is in aspoc now and said the breast stroke seems to be the money maker but I feel my side stroke is much faster..

Also when I did my pre-screening for MCWSS they told me i'd use nothing but freestyle there, which I havent done in a super long type bc you dont use them during a&s ive been told

It's breast or side just as the MARSOC website describes. And breast stroke by far more efficient and faster. Guys doing side stroke seemed winded by 150m into it. And also they seemed to lose their sense of direction, drifting left or right into others guys, therefore losing time, and causing someone else time. If you don't have that problem I'd say go for it, but statistically speaking, the top swimmers were all breast stroking.

Well found out today I can't go to MCWSS because I won't have enough time left on contract to attend without an extension. So I'll probably try for MCWSS after A&S so I don't have to worry about the whole contract issue.

To guys that have already attened Aspoc/A&S, what swim stroke would you recommend works the best under those circumstances, buddy of mine is in aspoc now and said the breast stroke seems to be the money maker but I feel my side stroke is much faster..

Before I went, my sidestroke was faster than my breast stroke, I thought I was the exception to the rule. As soon as the instructors critiqued and corrected my form and I got some tips from dudes with experience on the breast stroke, I dropped a minute off my time. I would go back to the drawing board with the breast stroke.

Ordman, what were some major differences in your improved stroke vs your not so improved breast stroke?

On a side note, I was honor grad for my Cpl's Course...both academically as well as voted by my peers..pretty excited about that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back