1208 ASPOC/A&S

"Prehab" is invaluable. I may have extended my stay in Coronado had I practiced it more...

"Prehab" is invaluable. I may have extended my stay in Coronado had I practiced it more...
I read about your situation in a previous thread, any chance you could go back? I have a memory that might make you laugh: I was on leave back in 2008 and I met a guy that had "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday" tattooed on his back with a cross underneath. I asked him if he was a SEAL...nope. I asked him if he'd been to BUDS...nope. He then went on to explain to me that he had been kicked out for some drug infraction or something on his first year in lol...pretty high caliber douchery right there.

Yes, I'll be able to go back after 2 years and with an age waiver. If I choose to do so.
Seems kinda like getting a significant other's name tattooed on your body...dooms it to failure.
There was big spice bust a few weeks before my class showed up. A dozen or so guys went bye bye.

There's a new prep guide? Well I must be chopped liver; I didn't get the email. Any notable changes?

It took a nasty case of shin splints before I realized how crude my training was. Since then I've been doing more maintenance. I can vouch for the foam roller; I've been using it on my tibialis for a couple days, and it hurts so good.

After getting cocky with good times on the short card, I took myself over to a Crossfit gym and got a good thrashing. Is there anybody else supplementing the short card for other activities? I'm a lean 170, and though I've been pretty faithful to the prep guide I'm a little concerned I'm not lifting heavily enough.

Agreed so hard. I had two rotator cuff injuries in 2009 and that shit was miserable. After finding out about the DieselCrew shoulder rehab/prehab workout, I've had healthy shoulders ever since. No problems whatsoever.

rrd42 said:
Is there anybody else supplementing the short card for other activities?
Im using it as part of an early SFAS prep.

There's a new prep guide? Well I must be chopped liver; I didn't get the email.

I'll PM you about the prep guide.

Gents, the mentor section has been updated.

I'm about to hump 12 miles with injini socks, Bates boots and nexcare 3m tape around toes/heel. Have a rubber rifle too. I'll report the time later. **50lb ruck.

Alright that hurt. 2 hours 40 min was my time. I bought some broken in boots from MCRD that were size 11.R, I normally wear 10.5W but with these I didn't get a single hotspot or blister...hmmm. My front hip flexors were on fire. This was 4 min faster than my last time so I'll take that.

The tape and Injini socks held up well.

For those of you keeping tabs on this post, myself and several others on this site were recently selected to go on to ITC. The Marines that attended A&S and got selected were everything I thought they would be and more...mature, respectful, smart and wanted to be there; it was a breath of fresh air.

I'll agree with Ordman that our brothers at A&S were cream of the crop, but I'll stop short at looks; I'll easily be the most ruggedly handsome at ITC. I've been compared to a slightly uglier Jake Gyllenhaal by several ex-girlfriends.

Now, to learn how to swim...

Can we get a mention of all the posters who made it?

EDIT: It seems as though FatGrat, AKKeith 0331, mp52026 and GangsterFish3/7 are the last ones to check in, by my count.

For those of you keeping tabs on this post, myself and several others on this site were recently selected to go on to ITC. The Marines that attended A&S and got selected were everything I thought they would be and more...mature, respectful, smart and wanted to be there; it was a breath of fresh air.

Well done! :thumbsup:

Back