15/16 NHL thread

What's up with Crosby, @Viper1 ? He's playing like a chump.

I assess it is wear and tear based on playing so long. Same happened to Lemieux, one of the reasons they brought on Bryan Trottier to the Pens in the 90's. Fill the gap, next man up when the Captain suffered injury, leadership in the room, etc. I also assess the Pens will keep ramping up into the playoffs and win the Cup this year.

@Viper1 The Pens will have to get past a lot of tough teams in the Met, and East in general before even getting to the finals. The Metropolitan division has become very tough. The Pens are the Pens though, a tough team to play.

@Viper1 The Pens will have to get past a lot of tough teams in the Met, and East in general before even getting to the finals. The Metropolitan division has become very tough. The Pens are the Pens though, a tough team to play.

Like many Pittsburgh teams, starting at the bottom and working their way to the championship is not uncommon. The last Pens Cup in '09, they fired Michel Therrien because they were in danger of missing the playoffs. They made a run to get back in contention, played tough series vs the Flyers, Capitals, swept the 'Canes, and then 7-games against Detroit. They seem to be at their best when conditions are at their worst sometimes. Steelers are the same.

Like many Pittsburgh teams, starting at the bottom and working their way to the championship is not uncommon. The last Pens Cup in '09, they fired Michel Therrien because they were in danger of missing the playoffs. They made a run to get back in contention, played tough series vs the Flyers, Capitals, swept the 'Canes, and then 7-games against Detroit. They seem to be at their best when conditions are at their worst sometimes. Steelers are the same.

Last year I truly thought the Pens were going to upset the Rangers in the first round... as an Islander fan I really wish that happened. Seems the Rangers are starting to hit a rough patch in their season with the outcome of games. They were outplayed a bunch of games earlier on but managed to get away with wins, now it seems its catching up on them. :thumbsup:

He's a great player but that face screams "punch me hard" to me.

I don't know if you saw it but Andrew Shaw put a fucking dirty hit on Beauchemin. It should have been a suspension, at the least a game misconduct. Fucking terrible.

I agree, he's one of the most talented players in the league but there's something about him that makes me hate his soul. I fucking hate Marian Hossa, too. He came to Detroit and basically was non-existent the entire time he was here, and since he left he's been playing well. The only Blackhawk I like is Jonathan Toews.

I saw the replay of the hit you're referring to on YouTube. It's ridiculous. Between hits like that and the knee-to-knee hits, there's hardly any respect among players anymore. That's why I think fighting needs to be in the game. I think a lot of these guys would think twice if they knew a Bob Probert-type player was going to beat the shit out of them when they play dirty.

This thread slipped to page 2 and we can't be having that, so I give you this from last night:

20151228_213317_zpsgiysyd5r.jpg

Quality win by the Wild.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I missed the end of the Blues-Preds game - stepped out when it was 3-1 with 6 minutes or so. Ended 4-3 (Blues)... dayum.

It concerns me the Wild might get a good coach since they're the main team in Central that really has the Avs' number!

Speaking of coaching. I still can't decide if Roy is a good coach or not. He makes some real head scratching decisions.

Back