2016 Presidential Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone stand down..I watched a white male conservative Trump supporter help a black female Hillary supporter fix their disabled car after picking up Papa Johns pizza for his family.....AMERICA is going to be OK...Please don't enter the Launch codes!!!!:-"

Codes.jpg

Welp. the FBI said "no charges" again.

Any comments from the crooked Hillary brigade? Are we supposed to hate the FBI again cause this means they're back to supporting Hillary and a corrupt organization and a joke etc etc etc? How about Trump's continued criticism of the Mosul offensive, even when it appears as if everyone else in the known universe is saying "Yeah, well, it's war but it's going well."

I can't fucking wait for Tuesday.

Any comments from the crooked Hillary brigade? Are we supposed to hate the FBI again cause this means they're back to supporting Hillary and a corrupt organization and a joke etc etc etc? How about Trump's continued criticism of the Mosul offensive, even when it appears as if everyone else in the known universe is saying "Yeah, well, it's war but it's going well."

Oh, the email whining will continue in short order, have no doubt. Throw some conspiracy and general government distrust in for good measure.

Its a fat chance that Donnie will lose (which he will) and go quietly into the night.

I think he's just getting his hideous and gelastic circus warmed up, and would be hardly surprised if his presidential "bid" ended up only being a publicity stunt for self promotion.

If the FBI said that of the emails they found (implying there could be others deleted) they found TS, S, and C info, to include SAP, I doubt many of those were "retro": the headers, footers, and paragraph markings were INTENTIONALLY removed as was its transfer from SIPR and JWICS. Even if the USG concedes the retro classification, the TS and S transmitted, stored, and disseminated to uncleared personnel are ALL grounds for at least permanent loss of access (e.g gross negligence) and at most felony conviction (e.g. intentional = treason).

These emails were INTENTIONALLY modified for transfer on NIPR, which flags classification markings to sysadmins in order to detect spillage.

I 100% agree with the fact she is just another of the pack. :(

I too have seen serious shit swept under the rug but was also personally involved in a case where an AF EOD airmen kept confidential weapons manuals in his garage. The consequences and penalties were very severe.

@lindy I guess we'll see when FOIA lets us read the details of the investigation however many years from now but I think it's very unlikely that's the way these NDCIs happened. I think the talked about but never released video the HRC campaign discussed in detail in the WikiLeaks disclosures is likely much closer to the truth.

It would be very easy to prove and prosecute if somehow people moved emails from classified systems to an unclassified account. Much more likely, and fitting with everything I've credibly heard about this - and my own experience, these high-level people wrote emails to each other back and forth discussing high level policy. In those emails they talked about stuff they should have only talked about on classified networks. When all those emails were reviewed by the IC - who love to classify shit - some of the things discussed were found to be - or retroactively became - classified.

Doesn't make it right, but it does make it much more understandable and fits the reasons why this was virtually impossible to prosecute. I would wager serious money if you got me a transcript of every email or conversation 4-stars have and let me run it through the same process they would come back with similar levels of classified. Again, doesn't make it right - but should give some idea of context.

Not trying to make you love HRC or celebrate this shit - just saying I think the worries that no secrets will be safe in an HRC whitehouse is extraordinarily overblown. And yes, there is a President Clinton joke in the word 'overblown.'

My question is how in the hell did they go through and examine 650,000 emails in one week?

If someone could explain it, I, for one, would be most interested in knowing "How."

I think it is weird that people are all for unknown people with unknown motivations releasing the communications(some of them private) of our presidential candidates. If anything this makes me uncomfortable. If the leaks are only from official sources, I'm okay with it, but releasing personal, private communications, without consent, and with no accountability makes me weirded out going forward.

I do find this different than "hot mike" recordings, in which case I feel there is no implication of privacy, as that privacy is waived when a microphone is put in.

There is this misconception that emails are private. They simply aren't. They are sent through the ether, stored in multiple places and pass through multiple systems...pretty much all in the clear. Want to keep something private? Encrypt it. Or don't write it down in the first place.

There is this misconception that emails are private. They simply aren't. They are sent through the ether, stored in multiple places and pass through multiple systems...pretty much all in the clear. Want to keep something private? Encrypt it. Or don't write it down in the first place.

I think that there is a reasonable expectation of privacy. I feel like if the government needs a warrant to look at it, it is private enough that a leak is shady. I don't look at leaked naked pictures of celebrities, because I think that is fucked up. I wouldn't read my wife's emails, or those of those I work with.

I think that when people try and make it more secure we accuse them of hiding things. Going forward I think we will see more legal action regarding the privacy of email, particularly as it becomes our main method of communication.

I think that there is a reasonable expectation of privacy. I feel like if the government needs a warrant to look at it, it is private enough that a leak is shady. I don't look at leaked naked pictures of celebrities, because I think that is fucked up. I wouldn't read my wife's emails, or those of those I work with.

I think that when people try and make it more secure we accuse them of hiding things. Going forward I think we will see more legal action regarding the privacy of email, particularly as it becomes our main method of communication.

Not if you use a USG server! The warning is clearly presented before entering credentials. I'm sure this expectation of privacy is exactly when she used a private server.

Not if you use a USG server! The warning is clearly presented before entering credentials.

This is 100% correct. The gov't doesn't need a warrant to look at your traffic, email, chat logs, data, etc.

The whole point of the personal server, was that it was personal, and therefore would provide the bobble time of oh, you want my server? gee, the oil just ran out of the cooling bath and all of it's phosporus just lit up. Have fun with that.

There is no such thing as privacy any longer, it died completely when the internet went mainstream in the late 90's.

I learned from my 7th grade teacher (yes, before the interwebz) that you must never, ever, write anything down that you would not want read in a court of law. Period. She lectured us after a particularly interesting note was caught between classmates and she couldn't even read it to the class because SHE was embarrassed by it. She made sure we understood that anything written and signed was subject to being made known to the world at any time. E-mail is signed by default once it leaves with your address on it.

My question is how in the hell did they go through and examine 650,000 emails in one week?

If someone could explain it, I, for one, would be most interested in knowing "How."

It would take 53 people working 24 hours a day 7 days a week to go through 650000 emails thoroughly!

I doubt the FBI has that much man power to throw at this problem.

So my guess is someone high up blessed off on a Key word search list and then enlisted 2-3 "trusted" people to just watch computers do the work. Once the .PST has time to index, you can find any key words. Depending on attachments and sizes, it could take a HOT MINUTE for 650000 emails to index so you can search.

EDIT - took out dumb stuff...sorry!!!:wall:

At the end of the day it is doable but highly unlikely every email was thoroughly searched, only the FBI knows how much effort they put into it....all joking aside I hope it was max effort and have to trust it was and nothing serious was found....:thumbsup:

Last edited:

I read (somewhere) that there were a shit ton of mailers, multiple duplicates of stuff they already had, tons of stuff that had no relation to the actual investigation, so on and so forth.

I didn't get real hung up on the number because I would assume the FBI would be smart enough to filter and sort through the stuff they already had and eliminate the lion's share of the "650,000 emails." Who knows, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back