2016 Presidential Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox and CNN have Hillary winning in Nevada 52 - 48 with 80-ish percent reporting. Maybe it is my total dislike of the woman, but I don't see how she could be happy with a 4 point win. CNN's take is this is a big deal for Clinton, but 4 points? I guess a win's a win.

Clinton narrowly edged Sanders which I think long term is an obvious sign of the times. With the minority Latino vote previously locked down, she should have won by a landslide. I hope for the world's sake this win is actually more like a loss for the Clinton superpower.
President Clinton... urggghhhhhhhh

Fox and CNN have Hillary winning in Nevada 52 - 48 with 80-ish percent reporting. Maybe it is my total dislike of the woman, but I don't see how she could be happy with a 4 point win. CNN's take is this is a big deal for Clinton, but 4 points? I guess a win's a win.

Sanders supporters revolt against superdelegates

The Democrat process is rigged: the superdelates are supposedly majority for Clinton. Bottom line when Sanders' young backers get the news that she'll get the overwhelming majority of delegates yet squeak by (or actually lose) in polling, they'll realize it's a sham.

Bernie said they're starting a revolution....maybe they will change their "process" that includes coin flips and standing around for hours to be counted.

What Is a Superdelegate?

But if check out the ACTUALL numbers, they don't show a huge lead. Google democratic superdelates 2016

Last edited:
I swear that if I read or hear one more "grassroots" comment about anything in today's politics, my head is going to explode.

Going out and getting national cable news to drum up BS popularity, followed by a bunch of unemployed/bored people beating on doors and calling people with jobs right as you fucking sit down for dinner, followed by dumb people blindly supporting their lesser of the two evil's because they are too dumb to figure out that there zero differences and that they all represent the "establishment" or "special interest" is not a grassroots movement, its exactly the fucking opposite.

I swear that if I read or hear one more "grassroots" comment about anything in today's politics, my head is going to explode.

Going out and getting national cable news to drum up BS popularity, followed by a bunch of unemployed/bored people beating on doors and calling people with jobs right as you fucking sit down for dinner, followed by dumb people blindly supporting their lesser of the two evil's because they are too dumb to figure out that there zero differences and that they all represent the "establishment" or "special interest" is not a grassroots movement, its exactly the fucking opposite.

That is our main stream news outlets shaping and spinning the news. It will not end as it swirls around the toilet bowl.

I get the feeling Joe Biden is waiting to throw his hat in the ring if neither Hillary nor Bernie can pull off a commanding lead. He is the VP, after all, and his presidential ambitions are well documented. He may just show up late as the Democrat's white knight.

I get the feeling Joe Biden is waiting to throw his hat in the ring if neither Hillary nor Bernie can pull off a commanding lead. He is the VP, after all, and his presidential ambitions are well documented. He may just show up late as the Democrat's white knight.

Yeah, I'm expecting something similar, I think the Clinton email might have more to do with it. She get's backed into a corner (indictment's) right before the general election, she is out, Bernie has little chance against Trump, Joe steps in to save the Dem party, none of Joe's bullshit has been tossed around over the last year, Trump's camp stumbles to dig the dirt up at the last minute, resulting a very close election of whoever wins. Joe keeps his promise to his dying son.

My$.02

The only way anyone steps in is if Hillary's indicted and no one's going to touch her in an election year. If she wins, the email goes away. If she loses, some staffer takes the fall. Even trying to hang a staffer before the election looks bad and they'll only do that as an absolute last resort.

There's what I want and what I think will happen....and those are two vastly different things.

Yeah, I'm expecting something similar, I think the Clinton email might have more to do with it. She get's backed into a corner (indictment's) right before the general election, she is out, Bernie has little chance against Trump, Joe steps in to save the Dem party, none of Joe's bullshit has been tossed around over the last year, Trump's camp stumbles to dig the dirt up at the last minute, resulting a very close election of whoever wins. Joe keeps his promise to his dying son.

My$.02

I think Bernie would wipe the floor with Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back