2016 Rio Olympics thread -

And to be fair, Simone Biles. What an athlete.

Agreed - the Olympics all around title is quite the gymnastics accomplishment, marking you the best in the world.

The next event of interest is obviously women's 100M hurdles. Because, again, Michelle Jenneke. I have no idea where she ranks and will probably never check.

Agreed - the Olympics all around title is quite the gymnastics accomplishment, marking you the best in the world.

The next event of interest is obviously women's 100M hurdles. Because, again, Michelle Jenneke. I have no idea where she ranks and will probably never check.
Jenneke isn't in the top 10 ranking so it would be an accomplishment if she makes it to the finals. This year the 100MH is loaded with fast hurdlers.

Trying to decide if Gabby is a sour puss or just misunderstood. I gave her a pass on the whole "hand on heart" thing, but I think it was poor sportsmanship for her not to stand and show at least some excitement when Simone won the all-arounds.

I watched the women's Judo for the Gold, US-v-France. The French opponent looked about as male as I have ever seen. It was not until the French women was stopped by the ref, and told to put her jacket back on properly until then I saw no evidence that it was a female. USA win for the GOLD, when the French opponent begged off!!!

Last edited:
Jenneke isn't in the top 10 ranking so it would be an accomplishment if she makes it to the finals. This year the 100MH is loaded with fast hurdlers.

Dude, nobody watches her because of how fast she is.

US women's soccer upset by Sweden and out. Women's indoor volleyball still undefeated after schwacking Italy today. Phelps is the greatest swimmer of all time. 1:45 is just silly for an 800m run. I thought the Brazilian should have been DQ'd for flailing at Murphy and Rudisha.

so true....

Michelle-Jenneke1.jpg

Random observation about Ledecky. If she were German or Russian and swimming like this, I believe the general American public would be screaming for an investigation and accusing her of doping.

KAYLA FUCKING HARRISON!!

article-2182760-1458E5C4000005DC-717_634x410.jpg

I still say her French opponent looked like a guy. I was annoyed with the official who took her flag away just after the above shot, and she was not able to do a flag waving "victory lap". She was just outstanding in dispatching her opponents.

I still say her French opponent looked like a guy. I was annoyed with the official who took her flag away just after the above shot, and she was not able to do a flag waving "victory lap". She was just outstanding in dispatching her opponents.

This may be a function of the sport itself.

When I was learning judo as teen, our Sensei or Senpai would have taken us aside for a very stern lecture should we have outwardly celebrated after winning a match. Such a display would represent disrespect for our opponent and lack of self discipline, two major no-gos in judo.

Perhaps Ms. Harrison really does have MMA aspirations after all.

That Hope Solo is a real gem. She must be taking taking social media tips from Trump.

LOL - she is definitely not "refined". One look at the pics from The Fappening (in comparison to the other female celebrities caught up in that) will tell you all you need to know about Ms. Solo.

Back