Not Work Safe .

I stopped because I was tired of writing.

Straight outta' Bagram, making money from a Long War
Spendin' that cash, so I gotta' make more.
When I get paid, taxpayers bein' played
milking cost plus every single fucking day.
Making bank is not a problem
For tens of thousands sitting at Bagram
Kandahar, Kabul, and J-bad
Shindad, Shank, brother why you gettin' mad
Soldiers whining 'bout, soldiers crying 'out
I ETS'ed now Lockheed's paying out.
No morals cause the business ain't like that

leonardo-dicaprio-clapping.gif

This... this is vintage AWP. Original AWP. OG AWP. This... this is how you remind me of what I really am. Chad Kroeger would be proud.

"Rich Men North of Richmond."

So this song is blowing up pretty big right now.

Any thoughts?

So I've listened to this song a bunch of times in the last 24 hours. For reasons I can't quite express, I have an emotional reaction to it in a way that I haven't had to a song in a long time, like since "You Found Me."

He should have added a .mil verse. I wrote one for him:

They think we're dumb, but this thing I know:
They send us to war, but they never go
Oh, they have their parades, and they shake your hand,
but that don't bring your boy back from Af-ghan-is-tan...
I guess vets don't vote, and they don't burn things down
So you can just ignore them, and their "small town"

Last edited:
View attachment 42927

The Gretsch Resonator guitar, amplifies the sound so you don't need electric/amp but can still get a country/bluegrass sound that is a mix between guitar and mandolin.
I didn't know that's what it was called. Very nice. If I didn't already have five guitars I might pick one up just so I could do that song justice ;)

I didn't know that's what it was called. Very nice. If I didn't already have five guitars I might pick one up just so I could do that song justice ;)

Truth be told, I looked it up. I am not a guitar guy (my son plays), but I saw it and thought it was unusual with a bit of an unusual sound, and liked it. But I like bluegrass and thought it would fit right in.

If I DID play a stringed instrument it would be the mandolin, because my last name is Mandelin.

Truth be told, I looked it up. I am not a guitar guy (my son plays), but I saw it and thought it was unusual with a bit of an unusual sound, and liked it. But I like bluegrass and thought it would fit right in.

If I DID play a stringed instrument it would be the mandolin, because my last name is Mandelin.
I live just outside of West Point and we often host cadets. The rule at my house is, if it's your first night visiting the Mara house and you're a cadet, you have to play an instrument. This is an ice breaker thing, not a haze; zero judgment.

My wife has a grand piano and a good variety of basic percussion, wind, and stringed instruments. Worst case, a cadet can just play the tambourine or the egg shaker. What basically happens is that we put a song on the big screen and it turns into karaoke with live instruments.

Some of the cadets have MAD talent, especially on piano. One cadet we had over a couple of years back played the fiddle the way I imagine it when down in the "Devil Went Down to Georgia" story. But they are often too shy to bring it up, or to try it in public. We give the venue, and the compunction.

This Sunday we're going to see what @Topkick's son has got. ;)

Lol. Thats awesome. He's good at a lot of things, loves music, but I am not aware of any skills involving musical inintruments.
well he has like two days to learn ;)

you gonna learn GIF by Bounce

I live just outside of West Point and we often host cadets. The rule at my house is, if it's your first night visiting the Mara house and you're a cadet, you have to play an instrument. This is an ice breaker thing, not a haze; zero judgment.

My wife has a grand piano and a good variety of basic percussion, wind, and stringed instruments. Worst case, a cadet can just play the tambourine or the egg shaker. What basically happens is that we put a song on the big screen and it turns into karaoke with live instruments.

Some of the cadets have MAD talent, especially on piano. One cadet we had over a couple of years back played the fiddle the way I imagine it when down in the "Devil Went Down to Georgia" story. But they are often too shy to bring it up, or to try it in public. We give the venue, and the compunction.

This Sunday we're going to see what @Topkick's son has got. ;)

Music is the great uniter. I played percussion and most brass instruments from 6th grade all the way through the end of college. I love playing. I have a son who plays guitar and piano, and my daughter is an incredible pianist.

There was a time I had an upright bass and played in some small jazz ensembles, trios, quartets, things like that, and I loved playing just for playing sake. And you're right, anyone can play tambourine.

Considering some of our members play a mean skin flute, I'm not surprised we have so many musicians onboard...

If anyone was ever up in MeS, then you saw my Land Cruiser parked outside of the shopette. Just zoom on into that rear view musical piece.

Attachments

• 20200604_222158.jpg
    20200604_222158.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 18
Back