Not Work Safe .

My oldest daughter is off at college in military school. The same one I went to.

She called me a short time ago and opened with, "Hey Dad, I'm in the Commandant's office, and you're on speaker phone..."

Episode 4 Fainting GIF by One Chicago

Well, let's just say that the reasons my daughter gets called into the Comm's office as a cadet are waaaay different than the reasons I got called in.

It turns out they were brainstorming guest speakers for the upcoming Parents' Weekend and she wanted to know if I was available.

brilliant
My oldest daughter is off at college in military school. The same one I went to.

She called me a short time ago and opened with, "Hey Dad, I'm in the Commandant's office, and you're on speaker phone..."

Episode 4 Fainting GIF by One Chicago

Well, let's just say that the reasons my daughter gets called into the Comm's office as a cadet are waaaay different than the reasons I got called in.

It turns out they were brainstorming guest speakers for the upcoming Parents' Weekend and she wanted to know if I was available.
Well, are you? 😉😁

Yale police union hands arriving students Grim Reaper flyers about crime near campus: 'Good luck'

The Yale Police Union in New Haven shared a bold public safety flyer, complete with an image of the Grim Reaper, with students arriving at the Ivy League university's campus this week.

"There’s no dispute on the facts. So, I think they feel an obligation to make sure that students don’t fall victim to crimes while they’re attending Yale University," police union spokesperson Andrew Matthews told FOX 61. "They have motor vehicles chasing each other down the streets of New Haven shooting at one another. If you or your children were to go to Yale, wouldn’t you want to know that?"

Yikes.

Maybe my memory is hazy, as I'm talking 20ish years ago.

When I went there for my visit, I remember going for a run, and the minute you left the campus proper by and few blocks, it was a stark change in the socio-economic situation. Not saying that amounts to crime, as I felt safe (I also ran in some very sketch places on this big earth), but I was advised by the university staff against doing that run.

Is this any different than the John Hopkins campus being where it is in Baltimore? I mean, I've been there too, and that's a rough neighborhood as well a few blocks in any direction. Could I interest you in the failings of the war on drugs?

Back