Not Work Safe .

I would've tried the whale sausage.

I spent a lot of time in the west/ southwest. Some of my favorite foods are made from parts a lot of people won't eat, especially Sesos and Menudo.

My father was raised on a dairy farm in northern Wisconsin, my mother was raised on a pig and tobacco farm in eastern North Carolina. There's not much of an animal we would not eat. That said, there are definitely parts of some animals that based on past experiences I will absolutely not have again.

My father was raised on a dairy farm in northern Wisconsin, my mother was raised on a pig and tobacco farm in eastern North Carolina. There's not much of an animal we would not eat. That said, there are definitely parts of some animals that based on past experiences I will absolutely not have again.
I like a lot of soul food and used to eat chow often with a couple of my fellow NCO buddies, who were black. They convinced me to try pigs feet once. They weren't horrible but I really didn't enjoy chewing on grisle and leaving hungry.

Last edited:
In Guatemala the locals presented us with ceviche. I know now ceviche covers..."variations", but at the time I only knew it as bull testicles, lemon juice and whatever, plus some herbs and seasonings. Our female soldiers scooped it up with crackers and asked if I wanted some.

20, SF unit patch on my left shoulder, 20, challenged by a woman, 20, paratrooper, 20...goddamn right I grabbed a cracker. That shit was delicious.

The moral of the story is I'm putting that kangaroo into tacos.

Back