Not Work Safe .

I've ended up in trees in LeJeune and Polk. I've bounced off FLAs in Pickett.

When we were on DRF 7 (support cycle), the amount of jump injuries and fuck ups were staggering.

1995, I was newer to Division, 7 jumps in I think.

Jumping Sicily, night, mass tac, "winds were 3 knots, my cock", half us the sticks scattered, I feet, ass, headed it, knocked my dome piece hard, passed out, woke up, vomited twice (todays standards, that's a TBI), sprained my left ankle that turned into a distal tib/fib fracture with 5 ruptured ligaments that required reconstructive surgery.

They tried to med board me but gave option to fight it, I fought it, healed, fought it, stayed, jumped 36 more times.

DZSO said winds were 3 knots. Lol. Cunts.

"I am shocked" said no jumper ever in the history of ever.

We had Florida pines with the tops bent almost horizontally and you know what?

"7 knots, clear to jump."

We had concussions, a dislocated shoulder, ankle sprains, a dude who hit a barb wire fence, one blown off course and had to fend off a bull... that was the first chalk of about 30 jumpers. I was in Chalk 2 and missed the jump because they called it off. Darn.

"I am shocked" said no jumper ever in the history of ever.

We had Florida pines with the tops bent almost horizontally and you know what?

"7 knots, clear to jump."

We had concussions, a dislocated shoulder, ankle sprains, a dude who hit a barb wire fence, one blown off course and had to fend off a bull... that was the first chalk of about 30 jumpers. I was in Chalk 2 and missed the jump because they called it off. Darn.

I was on medical jump coverage, a Sp/4, EFMB, newly minted paramedic, that because of this, was able to run medical coverage.

Either an NCO or Sp/4 with paramedic can.

Night jump, some other unit, dude burns in, chest first, trauma code.

My driver and I got there, troops were white lighting the dead troop.

We began code, massive chest, pelvis and extremely trauma.

Our batt PA was at aid station with driver in FLA.

I surgical cric'd the dude, doc bilaterally chest tubed dude, dust off with me, doc and flight medic (82nd aviation), flew to Cape Fear, doc cracked chest (Temple T), cardiac massage....

Dude was pronounced dead at Cape Fear. I shook for weeks, PA put in for award, got AAM for it.

That's my only surgical airway in my career.

I'm thinking the really dangerous one could be Chris...
...especially if They hit during Pride Month

Chris has a non-Binary ring to it, and even if They dont hit until July or later, its still a good callback to Pride Month since "Chris" could be a he or a she (never assume gender (its just a fucked up way to treat hurricanes) now that hurricanes have become gender fluid

Besides, Chris is more of a nickname - would it REALLY be Hurricane Christopher or Hurricane Christine?

Who knows - I reckon we'll have to wait until They show up.
Plus-Two on the hurricane Milton though - nobody wants to get fucked up by a Milton. It would be like getting your ass kicked with a red Swingline stapler.

So many questions

Last edited:
Back