Act of Valor star writes....a book

Ravage

running up that hill
http://d23.disney.go.com/news/2012/...l-account-by-training-commander-rorke-denver/

The book, titled DAMN FEW: The Making of a SEAL Warrior, is scheduled for publication in January 2013 with major publicity support.

Hyperion recently announced plans to publish a new book by Lieutenant Commander Rorke Denver and Newsday columnist Ellis Henican. The book, titled DAMN FEW: The Making of a SEAL Warrior, is scheduled for publication in January 2013 with major publicity support.

Lieutenant Commander Denver has led hundreds of assault missions in Iraq and has run every phase of SEAL training, basic and advanced, including advanced sniping, hand-to-hand fighting and communications over the past four years. He became the public face of the SEALs when he was chosen to star in the 2012 film Act of Valor, a No. 1 box office hit based in part on his own SEAL adventures and made with unprecedented cooperation from the U.S. Navy.

In DAMN FEW, the SEAL commander traces his journey from competitive high-school athlete to lethal assault-team leader. Drawing on his own SEAL experiences as a recruit, a platoon leader and a training officer, Denver will write about what it takes to become one of the nation’s most elite warriors and how they’ve evolved into America’s best protectors in the post-9/11 world.

The announcement of the new book was made by Elisabeth Dyssegaard, Editor in Chief of Hyperion. Of the deal, Dyssegaard said, “As America’s SEAL-maker, Rorke Denver understands intimately how these elite warriors are selected, trained, and motivated—and how they are forever changing the way America fights its wars.”

“Everyone knows how tough SEAL training is,” said Denver, who is stepping aside from active duty to write and promote DAMN FEW. “But very few people understand the powerful methods and psychology that can turn raw recruits into deadly commandos.”

I hear BUD/S is adding a 4th Phase to all classes starting FY2013. The 6 week phase will cover how to get started in the book writing business, secrets for getting published, and finding a solid graphic artist for the cover work.

I wonder if there's eventually going to be a backlash against SEALs or just a general boredom with them.

I hear BUD/S is adding a 4th Phase to all classes starting FY2013. The 6 week phase will cover how to get started in the book writing business, secrets for getting published, and finding a solid graphic artist for the cover work.
Did you hear that from DuffleBlog? :D

It just WON'T STOP...

Funny that this came up, but I was at Books a Million yesterday glancing at....... NO EASY DAY. While I was skimming through the book I took a step back and looked at the bookshelves and noticed how there was a plethora/beacoup amount of SEAL books compared to the rest.

It just WON'T STOP...

Funny that this came up, but I was at Books a Million yesterday glancing at....... NO EASY DAY. While I was skimming through the book I took a step back and looked at the bookshelves and noticed how there was a plethora/beacoup amount of SEAL books compared to the rest.
Stores here have evry book written by a SEAL or Marine. Guess AF and Army types can't write a decent story.:(

Stores here have evry book written by a SEAL or Marine. Guess AF and Army types can't write a decent story.:(
I looked awhile for a book by any Pararescue guys or even about them but didn't find any at the local bookstores. Then I walk into my recruiters office and there is one right there. I turned to my recruiter and told him I was taking it. :D None Braver isn't authored by a PJ but I'm just excited I get to finally read about something other than SEALs.

Coming this Fall to a bookstore near you:

50 Shades of BUD/S. An erotic thriller for guys, gals, moms, fan boys, and anyone over the age of 18.

2 1/2 Cups of Tea. One SEAL's mission to promote peace, based in part upon a guy posing as a SEAL and writing a totally made-up story because this is freedom of speech, not Stolen Valor.

Violating NDA's for Dummies

Back