Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

Ugh, anything with an IBU over 90-100 is bitter as acid:ack:... sorry... there are other flavors in beer besides hops. :thumbsup::rolleyes: So, go ahead be a "beer sheep" :pand jump on the IPA bandwagon... you do realize India pale ales were developed to mask poor quality ingredients in the brewing process, right?

Let's agree to disagree on this subject.... even though I am right, again...:-x:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

you do realize India pale ales were developed to mask poor quality ingredients in the brewing process, right?

I scoff at your biased ignorance good sir! May a case of Natural Light land on your doorstep!

India pale ale - All About Beer

The story of India pale ale (IPA) is one of the most romantic in the history of beer. At the height of its empire, Britain had emigrants, sailors and troops all around the world—with India being one of its most important outposts. All demanded beer, but India itself was too warm for brewing. To meet that need, London brewers who supplied ale learned through experience that the voyage to India could be tough on perishable beers.

I scoff at your biased ignorance good sir! May a case of Natural Light land on your doorstep!

India pale ale - All About Beer

The story of India pale ale (IPA) is one of the most romantic in the history of beer. At the height of its empire, Britain had emigrants, sailors and troops all around the world—with India being one of its most important outposts. All demanded beer, but India itself was too warm for brewing. To meet that need, London brewers who supplied ale learned through experience that the voyage to India could be tough on perishable beers.

It still doesn't change the fact that the majority of IPAs taste like thistles soaked in battery acid for the most part...:ack:

Natural light?:mad: May you contract some horrible STD that makes your junk fall off.... real beers don't need to be IPAs... Yeungling, Moose Drool, Czechmate, Pig's Ass Porter, Helles Lager, Diesel, Slow Elk... all well below 95 IBU and very flavorful.

Last edited:
Bourbon....I've tried Maker's Mark and found it okay. My preferred beverage is anything produced by Bushmills. Jamesons is crap, Tullamore Dew is okay, so...bourbon. Woodford Reserve. How does that stack up against Maker's Mark or Bushmills? Yes, they are two different beasts, I get it, but translate Woodford Reserve into "something my Irish whiskey drinking ass who found Makers Mark to be meh" can understand.

That's my go-to Bourbon. I've been wanting to try their Rye.

The rye is very good, although I prefer corn. For those not in the know, Knob Creek is put out by Jim Beam.
Beam is also responsible for Bookers. Bookers my boy, is one very. fine. bourbon.

Be warned though, Bookers is a bit pricer and 125 proof (vs. the 100 proof of Knob Creek). It's also so damn smooth, you won't know it is 125 proof until your a little fucked up and wondering why! LOL (ask me how I know)

IPAs need to go away... too many over hopped beers out there, so bitter you can't taste anything after the first sip. Hops are for finishing beer, they shouldn't be the only/overpowering flavor in the beer. MOO...

a well balnced beer with depth and breadth of flavor is much more to my liking... a good stout, porter, true pilsner, true lager, amber ales, brown ales...

I implore you to try a New England Style then. No bitterness at all.

Here is my list of my five favorite bourbons, to include ryes, that I have had bottles of during 2017.

1) Kentucky Owl Rye
2) EH Taylor Single Barrel
3) EH Taylor Small Batch
4) Elijah Craig BP Batch B517
5) Elmer T Lee

Best pour Ive had all year is Pappy Van Winkle 15.

Here is my list of my five favorite bourbons, to include ryes, that I have had bottles of during 2017.

1) Kentucky Owl Rye
2) EH Taylor Single Barrel
3) EH Taylor Small Batch
4) Elijah Craig BP Batch B517
5) Elmer T Lee

Best pour Ive had all year is Pappy Van Winkle 15.

Are these local? Other than the Pappy Van Winkle, I've not tried (or even heard of) the other ones. Guess I need to get out more.

Yes, they are two different beasts, I get it, but translate Woodford Reserve into "something my Irish whiskey drinking ass who found Makers Mark to be meh" can understand.
Challenge accepted.

It's like stepping from the dewy moors onto the rolling Appalachian hills, to be greeted with a glass filled with the joyful tears of sweet Kentucky angels come to welcome you home (so long as you don't step on any used needles in the process).

Double oaked Woodford transcends even that level of happiness.

Allayall... come out here for a visit.... a transplanted Carolina moonshiner, former 3rd Battboy and 18D... distilling some fine spirits... a Bourbon like silk, and the moonshine.... heaven! He finally started doing Vodka and Rye... Huckleberry cream liqueur. anybody? Makes a great adult milkshake.

Back