Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

Louis Jadot Beaune Burgundy
Wild Turkey American Honey
Guinness

...you cant have just one poison

With the obsession of all things IPA (guilty!) sometimes Guinness gets pushed out of the rotation and forgotten. Had a few over St. Pats (of course!) and really enjoyed. Back into the fridge and rotation it goes....

Was just talking about this with a friend. I've been trying to source some of that from my Cuban Cigar source.

Havana Club is probably the most common, I haven't tried any I didn't like and I normally don't like Rum.

As an aside, if Trump is willing to negotiate with Rocket Man; he should open up dialogue with Cuba.

More on favorite poisons.....

Never,
EVER...
...cook with wine that you wouldn't want to drink

Never,
EVER...
...mix good liquor with anything (maybe an ice cube if it is absolutely necessary)

If you are pouring booze into a cup full of soda - just know that the universe becomes unstable if you use anything but a 'house-brand' liquor. Artisans put a lot of effort into making the good stuff taste like good stuff - we all die a little when someone pours good sippin' liquor into a cup full of cola
...in fact, just thinking about it is causing me to experience shortness of breath, chest pain, and a dull throbbing pain in my arm, back, jaw, and neck

Never,
EVER...

Never,
EVER...
...mix good liquor with anything (maybe an ice cube if it is absolutely necessary)

Good god, thank you. Even the addition of ice to a scotch or bourbon (especially bourbon) should be a no-go. Yes, ice in a glass can sometimes give a few moments of a sharper taste, but you end of with a glass of watered down goodness sooner than you might think.

If a scotch is too peaty? Light up a quality cigar to pair with....everything changes and life is even more wonderful than it already was.

Never,
EVER...

Never,
EVER...

If you are pouring booze into a cup full of soda - just know that the universe becomes unstable if you use anything but a 'house-brand' liquor. Artisans put a lot of effort into making the good stuff taste like good stuff - we all die a little when someone pours good sippin' liquor into a cup full of cola
...in fact, just thinking about it is causing me to experience shortness of breath, chest pain, and a dull throbbing pain in my arm, back, jaw, and neck

Lol. I enjoy Makers Mark by itself and would never mix it with anything, but a Jack and Coke hits the spot as well. So, I guess it depends on ones definition of good liquor.

My dad died almost a year ago and his drink was Petri and Diet Coke. Towards the end he evolved to E&J, so this Father’s Day I will be drinking E&J Cokes...otherwise known as , “Dad, make me one of those things you drink....”

hahahaha....
Jack and Coke is awesome.

Single Barrel Select or Gentleman Jack are also awesome - but dear god, don't spill your soda into a glass of Single Barrel Select or Gentleman Jack
Bacardi and Coke is also awesome - just don't use Bacardi 8-Year in your Cuba-Libre
A scotch and soda is great with Johnnie Walker Red - but for the love of basketball, just don't use Blue Label

It isn't spaghetti and meatballs when good liquor is tainted - its more like lamb and tuna fish

...just my two cents though, I could be wrong

Never,
EVER...

Never,
EVER...

I've had some fantastic Manhattan's that were made with hard to buy bourbons, to include Michter's 20. I've also experienced ORVW10 mixed with Coke and Dr. Pepper. It's fucking delish!

I say enjoy your spirits with whatever makes your pallet happy. One man's trash is another man's garbage. Some people love peat, others despise it. At the end of the day it's their cash and mouth, not mine.

Wait...so that time I mixed Pappy Van Winkle with Dr. Pepper wasn't a good idea? :-oO_o:ROFLMAO:

Its a great idea. In fact, not very long ago, most bourbon sat on store shelves. I could get a BTAC bottle in May even. ORVW10, Old Fitz, WLW, all could be easily had for cheap. I wish I could go back to my Marine time and save/not open all of it. I could probably buy a summer beach house.

Back