Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

After much searching and unwillingness to overpay, I have secured two bottles of Blantons. Nursed a glass last night with a cigar....switched to scotch after it was gone. This is not “Drink alone” bourbon.
I need to go find another bottle, they're just started gotten some Willett's Pot still out here. When it comes to Blanton's how far are you from collecting the 8 different cork tops?

I need to go find another bottle, they're just started gotten some Willett's Pot still out here. When it comes to Blanton's how far are you from collecting the 8 different cork tops?

DAMN YOU THUNDER!

Up until reading this I did not even know that there were different corks to collect....it's difficult enough to find the stuff up here; now I have to be aware of the freeking corks too?

Thanks a lot man. LOL

If you like bourbon and like maple syrup.. adding Knob Creek Smoked Maple is an absolute MUST for this upcoming winter...

Winter is coming.

The man's wife just died.
His wife's gift from the grave, a puppy, killed in front of him.
His ride stolen, during a home invasion that same night.
Yeah he's probably pissed.
So I drink all of his Bourbon.
But it's a good thing I grabbed it, I heard his house blew up too.

image.jpeg

I am looking for a top shelf rum to mix with coke.

Bacardi 8 or 10?

Drink the Bacardi on the rocks.

For mixing, or if you run out of gas on the way to the party:

:
images

I am looking for a top shelf rum to mix with coke.

Bacardi 8 or 10?
Since you asked for top shelf, here’s what I would suggest:

Flor de Cana 12 or 18 yr are both great at $40-$50.

Four square rum is also good but pricey.

Hope this helps.

To add - the flor de cana is more available (here anyhow) and really smooth, for 50$ the 18yr is hard to beat.

Last edited:
I'll disagree. Just because it costs more and is typically smoother, drink to what you think tastes good.
I agree with your disagreement. IMHO, scotches and bourbons are to be sipped; not mixed. If you cannot tolerate them neat, then drink a better quality hooch. The rare exception being a quality Old Fashioned.

If you like bourbon and like maple syrup.. adding Knob Creek Smoked Maple is an absolute MUST for this upcoming winter...

Winter is coming.

Hmmmm......

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Yup.

I'm gonna get me drunk off pancakes

Back