Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

Its a great idea. In fact, not very long ago, most bourbon sat on store shelves. I could get a BTAC bottle in May even. ORVW10, Old Fitz, WLW, all could be easily had for cheap. I wish I could go back to my Marine time and save/not open all of it. I could probably buy a summer beach house.

I feel the same way, don't get me wrong I'm not going to turn down a chance to try "bucket list bourbons" but maybe it's just my nostalgia but I've always enjoyed myself more when drinking for fun instead of for an experience.

Fireball gets knocked for being mediocre but some of the best stories I can remember started with that versus VW or other high tier liquors.

For months I have been seeking bottle of Blantons. I have been failing.
Yeah I had trouble last year. I haven't bought a new one since finishing the last one I had.

Finally broke down and bought DelBac Dorado, a Bourbon Style Malt aged in Mesquite Barrels from down in Tucson. (I say bourbon style because I'm a Kentucky Bourbon snob). It's pretty dang good. But I tell you...when you stop drinking often and you get fitter...you can get sicker.

Black & tans. It's an art I'm trying to perfect. The one on the left is the best I've managed. Course, I drink the ones I botch :thumbsup:. The "tan" beer is poured first, with a good head. Then the "black", the Guiness, is drizzled over the back of a spoon ever so slowly onto the head. With luck you get a well defined line between the two.

IMG_1036.JPG

Last edited:
Sam Adams '76 might be the best summer beer ever. Holy fuck.

Interesting you posted that date. I was given this, it was from my wife’s grandfather after he passed away. It’ll be me and my two son’s first drink when they turn 18(ish). Lol

Attachments

• D78F7C0B-6C21-40CC-AC1F-6ABB54015D6D.jpeg
    D78F7C0B-6C21-40CC-AC1F-6ABB54015D6D.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 12
Picked up a bottle of Glenfiddich 18 year small batch reserve to share with a buddy during his wedding festivities. Will report back when I've sampled!

headed to Class 6 tomorrow...

take out a loan first, none of those single malts is inexpensive.

For Bourbon... Willie's Big Horn Bourbon, good luck finding it... distilled by a former 3rd Batt Ranger turned 18D, he grew up in the hills of NC, so imagine how tasty his honey moonshine might be... just think pizza after SERE.

Checking in from the Glenfiddich: dangerously smooth with a nice smoky/spicy finish. It was hard not to continue drinking it after the wedding celebrations started

After much searching and unwillingness to overpay, I have secured two bottles of Blantons. Nursed a glass last night with a cigar....switched to scotch after it was gone. This is not “Drink alone” bourbon.

Back