Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

I do not at this juncture. Do you have a preference you'd like to steer me towards?

Tonight it's Old Forester. Nothing fancy, but simple and decent. Just finished off some Elijah Craig last night and that was ok but better mixed with coke

I've never tried the 1920, but I like the regular stuff.

I think my favorite overall is Makers 46, but I'm starting to get more and more into ryes at this point.

Today's pickups included two different variants of Buffalo Trace Experimental Collection. One made with oats, the other with rice.

Still haven't found any Buffalo Trace Antique Collection or Pappy. But the hunt is still on going... plan to hit up Michigan tomorrow.

@NavyBuyer I'm still on the hunt for the Antique. Apparently, it is hard to get your hands on due to the limited number of bottles. I can keep an eye out for Pappy too if you'd like. I have a bottle of the 18yr, but you'd have to kill me to get me to give it up, and even that might not be enough :p

So I didn't drink this last night, but last week in Houston I got my hands on one of the limited runs of Bulleitt Cask Strength...mercy. It was smooth...and 62.5% ABV...compared to most bourbons at 42-45% ABV. Drank about half that with a friend of mine over the course of a night...so glad I had a ton of ham to absorb that.

So I didn't drink this last night, but last week in Houston I got my hands on one of the limited runs of Bulleitt Cask Strength...mercy. It was smooth...and 62.5% ABV...compared to most bourbons at 42-45% ABV. Drank about half that with a friend of mine over the course of a night...so glad I had a ton of ham to absorb that.

Methinks you need to get your hands on Knob Creek single barrel reserve. It's 120 proof and smooth. Knob Creek is my go-to.

Jameson Black Barrel is really good and worth a try as well.

Back