Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

They didn’t have the Al Young. However, I found this for around $45.00. At the place I frequent here. I have heard good things about it. I was looking for something a little smoother than usual.
I C409014C-D037-470A-BEAE-13294667CA3C.jpeg404706E8-E639-4328-8D51-04916C0D0D1D.jpeg

Thank you! More of a rye guy myself, and I usually skip the sugar since it ends up too sweet for my tastes. I'd be curious to know how it turns out in a month once its completed.

Trying out a bottle of "Larceny" bourbon right now. It is made by the same distillery that makes Elijah Craig (Heaven Hill). Larceny is a little lower proof than Elijah Craig Small Batch (92 vs 94); it also has a slightly sweeter finish when you drink it with a couple of ice cubes. I do like a little 'sweet' in the glass if it is just straight bourbon and ice so Larceny edges out Elijah Craig in that comparison. The couple of ice cubes seem to be just enough to pull out that hint of sweetness. If your thing is always straight up with no ice - they taste damn near identical to me and since Larceny is several bucks cheaper (I only paid 21 bucks for it at the Class-6 store) so I would probably go for Larceny over Elijah Craig.

I am normally a whiskey and water - no ice kind of guy since it allows me to drag out my sip time a little longer when I am cooking on the grill and Larceny starts to taste watered down even faster than Elijah Craig.

Definitely a good buy if you are just looking for a decent sip of straight bourbon - especially if you can get it for 21 bucks.

That stuff tastes like five different liquors mixed together. Not in a good way. More like the server station drink mat poured into your glass.

Back