Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

So I've picked up High West's a Midwinter Night's Dram, it's a limited release Rye Whiskey finished in French Oak port barrels...has anyone had any of this? It was a tad expensive, but after drinking their Bourye, I'm interested. I also have their American Praire Bourbon unopened.

Recently had a bottle of Angels Envy. Which is aged in port wine casks. It is however a bourbon.
Will have to take a look at the American Prairie Bourbon. What do you think of it?
Have you tried the Jefferson’s Ocean Aged bourbon? Been waiting to try it as well.

So I've picked up High West's a Midwinter Night's Dram, it's a limited release Rye Whiskey finished in French Oak port barrels...has anyone had any of this? It was a tad expensive, but after drinking their Bourye, I'm interested. I also have their American Praire Bourbon unopened.
I highly recommend Yipee Ki-Yay. It’s their rye blend. One of the best whiskies I’ve ever had. Even the color of the whiskey is incredible.

Found a liquor store that takes care of you. I don't know if he's a Whiskey Sommelier, but their whiskey guy knew stuff and ran samples.

Picked up an EH Taylor Small Batch Bottled in Bond for $42.99 (RETAIL) and Del Bac Distiller's Cut (finished in Madeira Barrels).

Had a birthday flight of 3 Bourbons and a the Del Bac 19-3 Distiller's cut which is a blend of their single malt Madeira Cask finish and their Mesquite Malt aged in Anejo Tequila barrels. Was quite different and pretty nice. Loving everything that comes out of Del Bac, and I know @amlove21 wants to move to Arizona because of it.

I bought a bottle of Bulleit when I went to SHOT a few years ago because it seemed appropriate. It’s still sitting in my fridge.
Hey! I bought you that bottle. At the airport even.

So @Steve1839 is texting me ingredients for his pumpkin pie. Every few ingredients he lists "Bourbon."
Finally I ask him "Is there any pumpkin in this? Not judging, just asking."
He says, "Canned pumpkin but not the pie filling. Eggs, evaporated milk, vanilla, and bourbon.
Oh, and pie crust, and bourbon."
I ask, "Bourbon pie?"
He says, "Oh there's no bourbon in the pies."

:rolleyes: }:-) :ROFLMAO:

Watched a documentary on Scotch maker while I was on the plane last week (it's pretty bad when you resort to watching documentaries on alchohol when traveling for work). As it turned out, it was actually kind of interesting and got me to buy a bottle Bruichladdich Islay Barley. It's not too bad at all.

Back