Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

If I am not mistaken. I belief the little honey hole. That I found in southern Missouri. Had copious amounts of quite a few of the aforementioned brands listed above. It is where I found that small 375ml bottle of Bond & Lillard bourbon for $49.95. Indescribably delicious nectar from Kentucky!

Last edited:
Buffalo Trace is one of the best kept bourbon secrets. I have bounced around over the years and it has become my go-to recently. I get it at the Class-6 on post for 25 bucks. Buffalo Trace does have a hint of sweetness - but I love it - and for the same price as Beam, Jack, etc...

Never had Blantons - but it sounds like a good time.

I had to fly to Australia to get Blanton's. The Duty Free store in LAX had like 8 bottles. None of the shops I frequent seem to have Blanton's in stock more than an hour or so.
I truly believe they are cutting back production. I live in KY and it is hard to get

So I'm needing a last minute gift for tonight and I'm going with the tried and true bottle of booze. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a good pick.

To give context, my friend prefers brown spirits and has just started delving into the "good" (he's only really stuck with Wild Turkey and Jameson, which aren't bad themselves but you get the idea) so he doesn't had a full whiskey library yet but he's mentioned interest in expanding his collection.

I was thinking if anything, just getting him a Glenlivet 12 or BT but was wondering if anyone here had a better idea.

So I'm needing a last minute gift for tonight and I'm going with the tried and true bottle of booze. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a good pick.

To give context, my friend prefers brown spirits and has just started delving into the "good" (he's only really stuck with Wild Turkey and Jameson, which aren't bad themselves but you get the idea) so he doesn't had a full whiskey library yet but he's mentioned interest in expanding his collection.

I was thinking if anything, just getting him a Glenlivet 12 or BT but was wondering if anyone here had a better idea.

Late suggestion, but for future idea, Wild Turkey has a fantastic bottle called Rare Breed.

Cheaper brown water that are cheaper but that I also enjoy are Henry McKenna 10 Year and Evan Williams Single Barrel.

Having a hard time finding the Bond & Lillard Bourbon I love so much. So I picked up a 4 Roses single barrel. @Ooh-Rah has gotten me interested in hunting for Blanton’s. Keep hearing good things about buffalo trace. Probably pick up a bottle of that later.

I've been sipping on a bottle of Elijah Craig Small Batch - I like it a lot. I have been trying some different brands lately and 'Small-Batch has been pretty good so far. When this bottle is gone, I am going to move on to something different - not because it isn't good - because I am in a 'discovery' phase right now.

It IS a very nice sip though...

I don't think it will enjoy the top spot as anyone's "GO-TO" bottle of bourbon - but at 94 proof and 25 dollars a bottle - it should DEFINITELY be in your rotation. If you just want to pour a few ounces in a glass - it is very smooth - for a 94 proof whiskey, it is actually pretty docile when you drink it straight. Is is even better with an ice cube or two (opinions on ice may vary). If you are a 'whiskey and water' drinker - it starts to taste watered down pretty quick but it is really great in a whiskey highball. (I know some folks think it is a crime to mix whiskey and ginger ale - but I like it).

I've been sipping on a bottle of Elijah Craig Small Batch - I like it a lot. I have been trying some different brands lately and 'Small-Batch has been pretty good so far. When this bottle is gone, I am going to move on to something different - not because it isn't good - because I am in a 'discovery' phase right now.

It IS a very nice sip though...

I don't think it will enjoy the top spot as anyone's "GO-TO" bottle of bourbon - but at 94 proof and 25 dollars a bottle - it should DEFINITELY be in your rotation. If you just want to pour a few ounces in a glass - it is very smooth - for a 94 proof whiskey, it is actually pretty docile when you drink it straight. Is is even better with an ice cube or two (opinions on ice may vary). If you are a 'whiskey and water' drinker - it starts to taste watered down pretty quick but it is really great in a whiskey highball. (I know some folks think it is a crime to mix whiskey and ginger ale - but I like it).

We all have times that we experiment. I don't judge.... you do you.

Aside from beer and wine I have not had any booze in a good while, and with some cooler evening I am feeling the desire to pick up some bourbon or whiskey.

If I am not mistaken. I belief the little honey hole. That I found in southern Missouri. Had copious amounts of quite a few of the aforementioned brands listed above. It is where I found that small 375ml bottle of Bond & Lillard bourbon for $49.95. Indescribably delicious nectar from Kentucky!
How does it rate to Buffalo Trace it is one my husband & I want to try?

Back