Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

Anything but vodka. I learned early, and unfortunately often, that a drink with such a light taste in contrast to its proof of 80-90 is never a good thing for me. I guess you could say that I go slightly too hard and over zealously on occasion.

I finally tried some Blantons. A guy I work with, a veteran himself, let me barrow his bottle because he doesn't drink very often.
I liked it, but I stand by Maker's Mark for the price. I drink bourbon too often too pay the difference.;-) But I appreciate a brother sharing his bottle.

I finally tried some Blantons. A guy I work with, a veteran himself, let me barrow his bottle because he doesn't drink very often.
I liked it, but I stand by Maker's Mark for the price. I drink bourbon too often too pay the difference.;-) But I appreciate a brother sharing his bottle.
See if you can find Buffalo Trace. They make Blanton.

At $22/bottle in MN, one of the most underrated bourbons out there.

Summoning up my best Seinfeld impression: “What is the deal with peach Crown Royal?”
Haven't tried it. I don't get flavored bourbon or whiskey but peach may be a good touch. I like Jim Beam but don't care for the apple or vanilla stuff.

Isnt it about time for a pumpkin spice
bourbon ? 😕

Last edited:
I had to fly to Australia to get Blanton's. The Duty Free store in LAX had like 8 bottles. None of the shops I frequent seem to have Blanton's in stock more than an hour or so.

Back