Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

Recently @Steve1839 and I opened a bottle of Horse Soldier Reserve. Man. Just amazing.

Comes in three versions. Story here: The Green Berets Who Went From Elite Warriors to Elite Bourbon Makers

View attachment 34237
Read the backstory and proceeded to order a small batch. Only to find they will not ship to Missouri.
Hopefully my hidey hole can get it. Without too much trouble.
Upon educating my lady friend on the subtleties of fine bourbon. She has seen the error of her ways. After drinking up most of a bottle of 10 year old Bird Dog. Hold on... by mixing it with instant iced tea!
She has found redemption by re-upping on some of our premium stock. I told her to bastardize some rot gut. Not the fine Bourbons that sit on our liquor shelf er, top of fridge. Really need to get a cabinet of some sort.
Here is what was delivered today
E983BEA2-A103-4EF3-BA26-C18866BAB751.jpeg
As an aside. Why are the pictures coming out sideways. How can it be corrected?

She likes the Bird Dog because of our dog Harley. I told her to start liking something else. If you go to the pet thread you’ll see said hound.
I guess the draw to good Bourbon. Is different for everyone.
Too bad we don’t have an Old Crow as a pet!

A good read, I learned a lot about Canadian Whisky. Rye usually brings out the asshole in me but with recent post's, I guess I need bring it out here more often.

Why the World Overlooked Canadian Whisky

On the super high end, Bryson says, 42-year-old Canadian Club is similar in quality to a 40-year-old Glenfiddich. The Glenfiddich costs $4,500 for a bottle. The Canadian Club? $300.

Because Canadian Club is sold in plastic bottles with plastic screw tops. It is "Rot Gut" Whiskey.

Alberta Distillers Rye Whiskey is responsible for a whole lot of American companies Ryes, everyone has had Whistle Pig I'm sure, that's mostly sourced from Alberta Distillers.

Because Canadian Club is sold in plastic bottles with plastic screw tops. It is "Rot Gut" Whiskey.

Alberta Distillers Rye Whiskey is responsible for a whole lot of American companies Ryes, everyone has had Whistle Pig I'm sure, that's mostly sourced from Alberta Distillers.

42 year old Canadian Club is definitely not in a plastic bottle.

When you get one to spare. I’d be happy to buy one from you. I cannot find it anywhere.

They were completely out. If I can pick up one to spare from the store, I will absolutely let you know. At that price, I'll become a peddler.

Did happen to pick up a bottle of Angel's Envy instead. Bourbon finished in a port barrel. I've heard good things, but I'll give an opinion later on tonight once I've sampled.

New revised list of my favorite bourbons:
1) Makers 46 because its delicious, accessible, and has some memories.
2) Blantons because its fantastic and smooth, but rare to find in stock.
3) Angels Envy. That was great. Nice smooth start, easy on the nose with a lot of vanilla and fruit. Bitter finish that still reminded me it was alcohol and to not start taking shots. That was an awesome recommendation from my Commander.

How times have changed. It wasn't that long ago that I would spend too much time hunting beer. Now here we are almost to the 2020 release of CBS and i just found about 6 packs still sitting on a store shelf.

My local liquor store managed to get a bottle of WhistlePig Boss Hog(Samurai Scientist)
I REALLY want to grab it, because it sounds different, but I don't think I'm at a point in life where I trust myself with a $650 bottle of Whiskey.
It's a $450 bottle around here when it's available. I've seen it At CostCo for $350. It's a late October release, so your best price on it would be in November when the market is relatively flooded.

ETA: July 4th Flight.

106810486_10160104372064498_2688486141376653927_o.jpg

Last edited:
This was last night's lineup at my buddy's house...and I'm hurting today:

Wild Turkey Long Branch
Four Roses 2015 OESK SP
2014 Four Roses OESV SP
[local} Barrel Rested Gin
Weller Special Reserve SP
2010 Woodford Master's Collection Maple Finish
Dalmore Cigar Malt
J Mattingly 137.5