Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

I just picked up 1792 Small Batch.

I couldn't find the others at the store near me so I will look futher.

Honestly, the deeper I get into whiskey, the less I can put up with hoppy bullshit. I didn't like IPAs ten years ago, I hate them completely now.

I'm a whiskey and wine guy here. I'll drink good beer when the situation requires it, but beer slushies sound...well...water and water.

Are you talking about stouts in shake form? What are slushy/smoothie beers?
Haven't seen a Stout in shake form. I guess the best explanation is a fruit beer with puree added. Drekker Brewing and 450 North seem to be the bigger brands that I know people are getting into. 450 North isn't distributed in AZ, but the Drekker stuff doesn't stay on the shelf more than a day.

I'm deciding if we need to check your man card... 😉

I learned around these corners pink is a very manly color, so the brother in question probably man-cards well enough ;)

I also want those drinks, while we are at it. I would know of a few brothers & sisters *wink wink* who could use them... while others verify the men-cards and ladies have a good laugh.

While playing Cards Against Humanity or any other game of y'all choice.

Anyone getting into Slushy/Smoothie beers?

Late response, but I go to a place called Fuzzy's Taco shop (regional chain) that does frozen margs, mixed drinks, and beers.

They had a mango IPA one for a while that was actually pretty good.

How's that Old Elk Bourbon @ThunderHorse , is that Old Alf a special through the same distillery? Haven't been able to find anything on it.

The Old Alf (117 Proof) is a Private Pick from a whiskey group I'm in. I got another Old Elk Pick Private Barrel from Bourbon Charity (114 Proof) that was released through a local to me retailer.

The sticker on the bottle is what you call, for anyone whose not balls deep into your local whiskey group, a tater sticker.

As far as notes are concerned: very good for OE Wheated standard release, and damn good for Old Alf. We're about two years away from Old Elk starting to release house distillate, everything currently being released was contract distillate from MGP that was then aged in Fort Collins, CO.

Had some bomb absinthe in Breckenridge tonight. 70% alcohol with about 35mg of thujone (the psychoactive in Wormwood that cause the "Green Fairy")

Brand is called Beetle; apparently a limited number of bottles were handcrafted, and it has a giant stick bug inside the bottle.20200926_175030.jpg

Had some bomb absinthe in Breckenridge tonight. 70% alcohol with about 35mg of thujone (the psychoactive in Wormwood that cause the "Green Fairy")

Brand is called Beetle; apparently a limited number of bottles were handcrafted, and it has a giant stick bug inside the bottle.View attachment 35915
I just can't do insects in my bottles, you my friend are a brave man!

Back