Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

I've been on a Michelada kick lately to help beat the heat. Added a shot of "juice" from a jar of Ole Smokey Moonshine pickles today. Delicious.

This was last night's lineup at my buddy's house...and I'm hurting today:

Wild Turkey Long Branch
Four Roses 2015 OESK SP
2014 Four Roses OESV SP
[local} Barrel Rested Gin
Weller Special Reserve SP
2010 Woodford Master's Collection Maple Finish
Dalmore Cigar Malt
J Mattingly 137.5
GTS
Angels Envy Rye
How was the Woodford?
Or do you perhaps not remember?

This was last night's lineup at my buddy's house...and I'm hurting today:

Wild Turkey Long Branch
Four Roses 2015 OESK SP
2014 Four Roses OESV SP
[local} Barrel Rested Gin
Weller Special Reserve SP
2010 Woodford Master's Collection Maple Finish
Dalmore Cigar Malt
J Mattingly 137.5
GTS
Angels Envy Rye
What's his address again....🥃

Sir, what's the difference in those Blantons?

Blanton's Gold until this year was a non-US release. It retails for $105, but I haven't seen a retailer actually sell it for that and the allocation that we got here in Arizona was minimal. Some bar accounts got it so I doubt I'll see it at the Customer Service desk at Total Wine. It is for sale in Canada.

The big thing with Blanton's gold is that it is a Single Barrel bottled at 105 Proof.

Blanton's Straight from the Barrel is also a non-US release but as far as I know it's not available in Canada. This bottle was 131.4 proof. There are some online retailers that ship to the US, but it's usually about a $200 bottle when it's a good deal from those retailers.

Both were freaking delicious.

@ThunderHorse

What did you think of the Dalmore Cigar Malt? I personally was not terribly impressed by it, but one of my friends is obsessed. I'm not a smoker, so maybe that had something to do with it?

@ThunderHorse

What did you think of the Dalmore Cigar Malt? I personally was not terribly impressed by it, but one of my friends is obsessed. I'm not a smoker, so maybe that had something to do with it?
I enjoyed it. I also didn't have to buy it. At that price point you can get some amazing whiskeys. But it paired very well with a stick.

Well, I just threw down for a custom Whiskey Cabinet from a guy who runs a Mesquite Tree saw mill. Expensive...but all mesquite. Also, I don't have to put it together myself.

Ove the last few months I've been able to find Elijah Craig Small Batch, Four Roses, Bulleit (orange label), Turkey 101, and Buffalo Trace. Given my foreign location, this is no small accomplishment.

Elijah Craig, hands down.
OH you don't go: ALL THE PAPPIEZ?

Try to get your hands on Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. (Any batch)

Ove the last few months I've been able to find Elijah Craig Small Batch, Four Roses, Bulleit (orange label), Turkey 101, and Buffalo Trace. Given my foreign location, this is no small accomplishment.

Elijah Craig, hands down.

I am a Bulleit fan, especially the rye. I love it. I like Buffalo Trace 'OK', but I also really dig the Craig.

I am looking for a new whiskey to slip at home or do a shot before bed.

I have been doing whiskey at-home as opposed to beer under a theory of less calories and less headache.

Fireball is sweet but has so much sugar

I did try Jefferson Reserve recently.

?

Back