All things Star Wars

What I want to know is how Ep7 has a 97% Fresh rating, and Rogue One has 85%...movie critics, I need to get that job, because they don't know shit.

Because the prequels were such absolute shit, and JJ Abrams did such a great job saving the Star Trek franchise, that people (including critics) were thrilled to see anything that reminded them of "once was."

Rogue is still great, but could have been better with stronger editing and a musical score that did not sound like they were trying to sound like Jon Williams.

Because the prequels were such absolute shit, and JJ Abrams did such a great job saving the Star Trek franchise, that people (including critics) were thrilled to see anything that reminded them of "once was."

Rogue is still great, but could have been better with stronger editing and a musical score that did not sound like they were trying to sound like Jon Williams.

Ep7...hot garbage

Rogue One: Awesome

Ep7 in the grand idea of Star Wars needed to be made, what they made, which was A New Hope: Redux, did not need to be made. I'm still unsure if the acting was poor or if the story-line and script was that bad.

Just saw it. Overall I liked it but there were several points where my suspension of disbelief limits were redlined. And that's saying something for a sci-if movie.

Vader was everything he needed to be to recover the character and it put a good plot line to lead into Episode 4. :thumbsup:

I'm just getting sick of the Death star plot. Having yet another "Death star" in Starkiller in Ep.7 was lame, even though the movie was great.

Rogue one was a good movie. First half was somewhat dull in my opinion, however that could be from the overwhelming amount of new characters. I believe it really got better with the first Vader scene.

I want to see them delve into other era's from Star Wars. A movie(s) about the Old Republic, Malak and Revan would be a breath of fresh air. Even if they came up with something entirely new to the Star Wars universe.

The Disney Machine has it set up so that there is a Star Wars movie every December. Episode 8 will be in 2017, and then If I recall correctly, the next "stand alone" will be in two years and is going to focus on a "young" Han Solo.

Am I the only one here who likes the prequels? I think they're great. My only complaint about it was that cringy script. But don't get me wrong, the original trilogy is many times better, with my favorite being Ep. V. My guess it's because I'm a lot younger than most of you and I didn't grow up with the originals.

After seeing Rogue One, I've been on a Star Wars frenzy. I've watched every movie and have been playing Battlefront non stop for the past two weeks.

Am I the only one here who likes the prequels? I think they're great. My only complaint about it was that cringy script. But don't get me wrong, the original trilogy is many times better, with my favorite being Ep. V. My guess it's because I'm a lot younger than most of you and I didn't grow up with the originals.

After seeing Rogue One, I've been on a Star Wars frenzy. I've watched every movie and have been playing Battlefront non stop for the past two weeks.
I had seen all of Star Wars probably by 4th grade, and then the prequels started coming out when I was in the 7th Grade. I remember skipping school with my grandmother for EP I.

I got it, people thing Gungans are a distraction. But when taken in the context of now 7 movies...the prequels are better than EP7.

The prequels were the Richard Simmons of Star Wars movies. I thought EP7 was pretty O_o, but the prequels were outright embarrassingly terrible, and should be remembered only to serve as a reminder to not make crap like that again.

I don't mind the prequels, in fact Ep. III is probably in my top 3 of all the movies. I need to have a few drinks in order to watch Ep. I :whatever:

Do you play Battlefront on PlayStation or Xbox?

This is worth a read...

'Solo" Is Failing Because Disney Has No Vision for 'Star Wars'

“ Solo” never had a chance to succeed because Disney never gave it a reason to exist

In the past few years, in which Disney and Lucasfilm have acted terrified they might ruin their “Star Wars” cash cow by making movies that don’t exactly fit some mathematical formula of what a “Star Wars” movie looks like, I feel like they missed an important detail — a detail that is becoming very clear with “Solo” shaping up to be a massive disappointment.

There are other ways to damage a brand than just by making bad movies, or movies that don’t appeal on the surface to the audience you’re targeting. You can diminish a franchise just as easily by coasting on former glories instead of actually moving forward with new ideas.

Haven't seen it yet, so can't render judgement. But most of the critics saying it's shit from what I can tell are the same ones that sucked the fat mmm mmm of JJ and Rian Johnson.

@Ooh-Rah Disney is killing both the Star War's and Marvel franchise's through over saturation. For the most part they have a finite audience and there is only so many movies you can see at once.

I've also noticed that the industry is focusing more on summer blockbusters and the winter holiday releases are either pure shite or good ones are few and far between.

Back