Another Run on Ammo: DHS's New 900 Million Round Purchase

Okay I am sick and fn tired of seeing people with tin foil hats talk about this completely irrelevant and viral news piece that floats around EVERYWHERE on the internet.

Why can't people use common sense and do a little bit of research as to why this purchase happened?!! There is just no explanation.

I went online and started looking at all the different orgs within DHS that could possible use ammunition.

1.) Fucking FLETC!!! The national training center for federal agents from 90 different agencies attend this. ICE, CBP, NCIS, the list goes on and on.. These federal agents do tons of shooting at this place year round.

That alone should have ended this stupid viral story.

2.) Customs and Border Protection (CBP) - our well armed border patrol agents need ammunition as do CBPs tactical team - BORTAC (How much shooting/training do you think they do on a yearly basis??!)

3.) The Secret Service - the many armed Special Agents, the many Secret Service tactical team members who blow through ammunition on a daily basis.

4.) The Goddamn Coast Guard!!! They probably account for the majority of the $1.6 billion dollar purchase.

America you have lost all common sense.

Already broke all of this down in great detail here: https://shadowspear.com/vb/threads/another-run-on-ammo-dhss-new-900-million-round-purchase.15104/

This is definitely an extraordinary amount of ammo being purchased. There's also definitely the appearance of a major buildup of other things, including thousands of new rifles, thousands of bullet resistant modular police checkpoint buildings, and the already mentioned retrofitting of 2700 MRAPs.

FLETC's own website claims they use 20 million rounds per year. That's a FAR cry from accounting for anything but the tiniest sliver of that total ammo purchase. Before you decide to rush headlong in trusting and embracing this totally broken, corrupt government, you might want to actually look at the facts, and ignore the nutter static that makes them slightly harder to pick out.

The best possible explanation is that this is just a massive militarization of the DHS. But it's definitely not "routine".

Also, the notion that "well, of course it's alot of ammo because there are a lot of people using it!" doesn't cut it. Compare DHS ammo consumption with the US military (a comparable size in terms of personnel), and then you start to get the real picture. There are 200K employees in the DHS. There are about that many Marines in the entire US Marine Corps. The DHS is purchasing an amount of ammo equivalent to or greater than the total US military expenditure of small arms to sustain the Iraq war for a period of about 25 years.

Already broke all of this down in great detail here: https://shadowspear.com/vb/threads/another-run-on-ammo-dhss-new-900-million-round-purchase.15104/

This is definitely an extraordinary amount of ammo being purchased. There's also definitely the appearance of a major buildup of other things, including thousands of new rifles, thousands of bullet resistant modular police checkpoint buildings, and the already mentioned retrofitting of 2700 MRAPs.

FLETC's own website claims they use 20 million rounds per year. That's a FAR cry from accounting for anything but the tiniest sliver of that total ammo purchase. Before you decide to rush headlong in trusting and embracing this totally broken, corrupt government, you might want to actually look at the facts, and ignore the nutter static that makes them slightly harder to pick out.

The best possible explanation is that this is just a massive militarization of the DHS. But it's definitely not "routine".

Also, the notion that "well, of course it's alot of ammo because there are a lot of people using it!" doesn't cut it. Compare DHS ammo consumption with the US military (a comparable size in terms of personnel), and then you start to get the real picture. There are 200K employees in the DHS. There are about that many Marines in the entire US Marine Corps. The DHS is purchasing an amount of ammo equivalent to or greater than the total US military expenditure of small arms to sustain the Iraq war for a period of about 25 years.

Who ever said this purchase was to sustain the DHS for only one year?!?

How much is going to the coast guard? Everybody is ignoring the one organization that was once part of the Department of DEFENSE.

I don't disagree with your point. It's extremely likely that a significant portion is going to the Coast Guard.

It's the sheer raw numbers that boggle the mind. Let's say HALF the ammo went to the Coast Guard. So, the Coast Guard is going to use 800 million rounds, when we - the Army and the Marine Corps- use 70 million to 100 million in a year in wartime? The Coast Guard?

Edited to add: then you have to figure the other 800 million rounds being used by everyone else in the DHS. FLETC accounts for 20 million a year, so that's 780 million more to divide between the Park Services, Border Patrol, ICE, etc. These are tiny orgs by comparison.

Maybe if DHS is so flush with ammo they can spare some for the USMC, since the Commandant is asking Marines to "save every round, every gallon of gas". 7:28 on the video. What are they going to train with?

Did I say that? I don't know what normal is, I'm not a logistician, but then again neither are you.
Well, your dismissive, persistently sarcastic tone projects that your point of view is that this purchase is not noteworthy. You're basically saying anyone who questions this matter should have their head examined.

Do we need to be logisticians to demand accountability from our government now?

In any case, there are plenty of smart people scratching their heads over this. We can thank Alex Jones for clouding the very real issue.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbe...ecurity-its-time-for-a-national-conversation/
2vuhv7t.jpg

Is it your position that 1.6 billion rounds of ammo is just a routine purchase?

Until someone can provide hard date and not just assumptions that it is abnormal level how can you come to any other conclusion? There is a lot of entities under the DHS umbrella and doing one large purchase probably gives them a better discount instead of having hundreds of smaller yearly contracts.

Until someone can provide hard date that it is abnormal level how can you come to any other conclusion? There is a lot of entities under the DHS umbrella and doing one large purchase probably gives them a better discount instead of having hundreds of smaller yearly contracts.
That's the very first thing I thought, too.

Then I compared the amount of the purchase to how much the entire US military uses. It dwarfs the amount.

Also, the business / investment community did a major WTF, when ATK published they'd gotten such a huge contract. These kinds of moves attract attention, and rightly so.

I've merged the threads.

Regardless of one's position on a topic if ya'll could two things I'd appreciate it:
1) These subjects tend to dance around personal attacks or at a minimum start down that path before cooler heads prevail. Let's not start down that path, okay?
2) We have a Search function for a reason.

Carry on.

Back