Verified Military
Not made for planting behind a desk.
Opinions welcomed...
CIMG3987.JPG

Basically the ACU design, but
CIMG3983.JPG

Front edge access to shoulder pocket, w/hidden zipper
CIMG3992.JPG

3 button cargo top flap w/front edge hidden zipper access while kneeling. There's also an elastic M16 Mag loop inside each cargo pocket to carry an extra mag and not have it bounce around in the pocket.
CIMG3998.JPG

Outward angled breast pockets so you can get to them while wearing other gear.
CIMG3989.JPG

Molle on right forearm for securing map pocket, gps, etc...
CIMG3991.JPG

Pockets on left forearm large enough for chemlights
CIMG3997.JPG

Velcro ankle for wearing/securing over boots
SOU-Belt-Pocket.jpg

D-rings on all beltloops for securing gear or whatever. Reinforced horizontal bottom edge on the hip pockets. Elastic waste like the MARPAT eliminating the drawstrings or draw-tabs.

Doing Multicam, 3-color Desert, Woodland, Khaki, and ACU Digital.

Been working on this for almost a year, and I'm pretty happy with the product now.

Looks good. I think I wouldn't like the outward angled pockets though. Wouldn't do much good with my armor.

Looks good. I think I wouldn't like the outward angled pockets though. Wouldn't do much good with my armor.

Let me clarify this, it would be difficult to get anything out with armor on, and difficult to get anything out with armor off. Have you thought of making a combat/armor hybrid. Combat sleeves with an underarmor/dryfit body? I feel like that is the future.

I guess I could do regular pockets and outward facing. That's what was requested when I was designing this one.
I have considered doing a combat shirt, but that's in the next phase, or perhaps the one after that.

Good to see someone else who can stitch! It looks good, I still think DCUs are an awesome pattern.

I'd change the vislon zipper in your upper arm pocket for coil, coil feeds better on a non flat surface. Are you using locking pullers on those? If you move the thigh pockets up you can use them when wearing knee pads, issue, large fucking ridiculous x 1. I like to sew a cover over the cuff buttons so they don't snag on cam nets and such.

Have you had a look at airmesh? I've seen uniforms now that have airmesh on the clavicle line to provide extra padding for your LBE. I'd also use a pattern matched section of 1000 or 500d for your pocket reinforcement where you have the folder.

Oh I can't sew to save my life. I designed this based on what I did to my uniforms while in Iraq and some input from some guys that are still in. I have a company in WI doing the sewing for me. I'm sending 2 sets to A-stan later this week for evaluation by one SF and one SEAL. This has been a really long process to get it this far so we'll see what they have to say.
I appreciate the input and depending on the feedback I may make some changes. If they don't suggest any changes I'll probably roll it out like this and make a version 2 later. I will look into changing the zipper per your suggestion. That might be doable without too much trouble.

I am not a fan of the Velcro or zippers, but the uniform does look cool. I would like to see a pull over (no collar) top that is tuck able, with basically the same type of sleeve. Buttons to close the shoulder pockets, and maybe a small amount of Velcro for IR reflective patches. Maybe some mesh type material on the arm pits and on the mid spine of the back. Not really a combat shirt, not really a full on BDU top, but kind of a best of both. I really like the reinforced front pant pockets, but the Velcro (those blouse straps) and the calf pockets would have to go for me.

I actually have a combat uniform design that was used in my old scout plt that was probably the best field uniform I have ever had. The damn thing cost me $200 to be sewn up at the Korean ladies shop (that was back in 2002) but well worth the money when out in the bush for 24 to 48 hours at time.

All that said, you will probably sell the shit out of that uniform. I can see all the hair-gel gurus with their Velcro patches lining up now.:rolleyes::-":ROFLMAO:

Nice work!:thumbsup:;)

The reason I went with the zippers is to eliminate the need to rip velcro while being sneaky. The zippers are really easy and fast to operate even when wearing gloves. I've considered emiminating the breast pockets all together, but haven't decided yet.

Have you thought of making it in OD Green 36 x 38? Also please clean your nails for the next photo session

The reason I went with the zippers is to eliminate the need to rip velcro while being sneaky. The zippers are really easy and fast to operate even when wearing gloves. I've considered emiminating the breast pockets all together, but haven't decided yet.

Who needs to rip velcro while being sneaky? Honestly, if you need to take off your patches while being sneaky, you have planned improperly to begin with. That being said, a little velcro on the sleeves wouldn't hurt, as guys like to put patches their to build rapport/be cool.

I've been looking for good ripstop OD. The supplier I've found won't have any until next month. I plan on doing OD, Black, and I've got a set of Khaki colored being sewn now.
Those are workin' man's nails.
I replaced the velcro on the cargo's with 3 buttons, and that dumb-ass draw (shock) cord with some elastic.
SOU-Cargo.jpg

Back