Beretta M9

Ok, let's hold off on the dogpile. Skeeter, most PD's are notoriously cheap. Even if there were a "special round" out there, they would probably be the last one to buy them.

Ok, let's hold off on the dogpile. Skeeter, most PD's are notoriously cheap. Even if there were a "special round" out there, they would probably be the last one to buy them.

2X. . I don't know that departments would spend money they already don't have on a round designed for armor when the the vast majority of LEOs would never need them.. :2c: MAYBE for SWAT?? maybe.. any opinions on that?

2X. . I don't know that departments would spend money they already don't have on a round designed for armor when the the vast majority of LEOs would never need them.. :2c: MAYBE for SWAT?? maybe.. any opinions on that?

For what it's worth, a gun shop here in Indy has in the past sold jackets (sports team logos) that came complete with body armor. Now admittedly, it wasn't mil grade. But just knowing that the GB-ers in town could be sporting it, would make me want to choose my ammo carefully were I out there as a LEO on the Circle City streets. Now that we have a former military man in the mayors office, things may be a lil different.

I know there are a few of Indy's finest on the loop. What say you guys??

Sketter, FYI, one thing we try to do here on SS is to back statements of fact up with links etc...

People say and hear a lot of things that are simply not true for whatever reason.

It is understood that it is not always possible to do this and in that case it should be stated that this is unsubstantuated (sp?) info.

It may seem a small point but people often read this board for information and we don't want 'facts' posted on here that cant be verified.

Alright, I after reading all the responses i'm going to say I am wrong, and that it doesen't exist. I'll be more careful with what I belive. I just thought it was a neat concept.:(

Alright, I after reading all the responses i'm going to say I am wrong, and that it doesen't exist. I'll be more careful with what I belive. I just thought it was a neat concept.:(

The rounds may in fact exist and may be issued to the police ;) but there is no evidence to back it up thus far.

Do some research ;)

I hear alot of stuff that isn't accurate, too. I think we all do.

Whenever I doubt the source, and still desire to discuss the subject, I do what pardus says to do; I state that the info is from a questionable source.

Many of the guys on these boards know these details first hand, and can rapidly confirm or deny the accuracy of said data.

Fairly certain this is the round you were talking about....

DoS in Iraq said 'no' to the use of these rounds.......I don't have the justification for the non-use descriptions by DoS.....but they also outlawed the use of smoke and grenades by contractors as well.

Let me just say that not everyone listened.....(the 'judged by 12' rule was in effect)

:2c:

pardus762 said:
I can with absolute certainty confirm Joe has a thing for corpolites

Ancient doo doo... it's the next big kink.

Fairly certain this is the round you were talking about....

DoS in Iraq said 'no' to the use of these rounds.......I don't have the justification for the non-use descriptions by DoS.....but they also outlawed the use of smoke and grenades by contractors as well.

Let me just say that not everyone listened.....(the 'judged by 12' rule was in effect)

:2c:

Do you have a brand name and or product # for those?

OK, I must have missed a turn in the road some place. We were talking about some supposed Federal rnd that LAPD et all were using that defeated body armor, but the above are standard JHP for your major brands, none of which will defeat body armor. Did I miss a point/topic some where along the lines? Perhaps just good JHP some contractors are using vs standard military hard ball?

only standard 9 ball was authorized for contractors.....

This ammo fits skeeter's descript is all.....center post may have been confusing as to 'driving thru' the body armor of the bad guys

That was my interpretation.... ;);)

I don't think there's a 9 ball round out there that's designed to defeat BA.....HS would be the closest I'd think.....

That's where maxcap mags come in handy....loaded with HS and precision shooting....

}:-):2c:

only standard 9 ball was authorized for contractors.....

This ammo fits skeeter's descript is all.....center post may have been confusing as to 'driving thru' the body armor of the bad guys

That was my interpretation.... ;);)

Ah, got it, thanx. Post on the Federal might look cool, and it's old technology compared to newer and improved JHP, but it wont do jack on body armor...I didn't know contractors were held to the same ammo as mil. As non mil, I thought they could carry what ever the wanted to, as they do for weapons and such. Not that any of them would ever ignore the restrictions...:confused:

Back