Best Pre-PFT Meals

My warmup is pretty basic I just do some static and dynamic stretches to loosen up and get the blood flowing. Have any suggestions?

For longer runs(2+ miles) I will usually run a couple laps around the track at a slow (8:00 mile pace). Then I will do some skips, jumping jacks, side shuffles, and quick stretches. The main goal is to get my body and my legs warmed up (the temperature actually rises in my legs) and loose to avoid injury. I like to warm up my legs that way they are already warm so they don't have to adjust while I'm running. Kind of like how you warm up a car before pushing it hard.
When you warm up, you also flush your joints with synovial fluid which lubricates your joints to prevent pain and injury.

Bottom line: Everyone is different, I don't know anyone that eats before a PT test though.

Back in the day it was water and fill in the ________________________ with supplements that have since been outlawed!!!!:-"
(My go to was ephedrine, talk about ready to BF a PT test)
Now...2 or 3 K-cups (black) and its game time....

Good luck buddy!!!!:thumbsup:

Bottom line: Everyone is different, I don't know anyone that eats before a PT test though.

Back in the day it was water and fill in the ________________________ with supplements that have since been outlawed!!!!:-"
(My go to was ephedrine, talk about ready to BF a PT test)
Now...2 or 3 K-cups (black) and its game time....

Good luck buddy!!!!:thumbsup:

Yeah, that's why I had the Primatene Mist. It wasn't because I was asthmatic ;-). I shook like a chihuahua on acid.

Try this out if you want, small tweaks to already mentioned interval suggestions, everything can be done on a treadmill!!!!:ninja:

Monday - Hill repeats, 4 repeats of 2 minute uphill, jog downhill slow
Tuesday - 4 x 2 minute sprint, 2 minutes walk or jog
Wednesday - Long medium pace run, ~ 7:30 min pace, shouldn't exceed 30 minute
Thursday - 8 x 1 min sprint, 1 minute walk or jog
Friday - Short slow pace run, ~ 10 min pace think cool down speed, 20 min
Saturday - GAME DAY , all out 3 mile run for time
Sunday - OFF

Total miles per week - Less then 15.....:thumbsup:

As stated, everyone is different. I used to not eat anything before a PFT, but I would hydrate starting the day before like I was back in boot. I ran my fastest 3 mile, 18:07, on one of the hottest and most humid days of the year when most everyone else saw their time increase.

Back