Bin Laden Raid Book: First-Hand Account Of Navy SEAL Mission Will Be Released On Sept. 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude...Sir, you're what, 6'8", I'm pretty sure he'll see you coming.

You're confusing me with Polar Bear. He's the designated site giant; I am a mere 6'5". ;) And besides, going after people physically isn't my style. I would LOVE to help prosecute this guy, but 1) I don't think it's going to happen; and 2) I'm not really in a position to do that in my current assignment.

The best I can do right now is wish him misfortune.

I would think that killing a group of 30+ Spec Ops warriors in a bar would be very appealing to most "radicals". Men that they have sworn blood oaths against and celebrated intensely when they had the "honor" of killing one or two, while they themselves lost hundreds. I believe that sometimes it gets down to the base desire of wanting revenge, not to say that they don't thrive for manipulation on the masses, but they may desire to show our nation what it can do to it's warriors at home.

As stated before, plans have already been uncovered in the recent past, so there's no denying that this is one of "their" objectives.

Look, I totally know where you're coming from, but if a group, who have limited capacity to make attacks due to limited resources (and providing they're not being tracked) are going to commit an attack the chances are *more than likely* that they'll say "hey, let's attack x open target" because it means they have to put less leg work in for bigger and better results.

At the end of the day, it's mostly academic anyway.

Look, I totally know where you're coming from, but if a group, who have limited capacity to make attacks due to limited resources (and providing they're not being tracked) are going to commit an attack the chances are *more than likely* that they'll say "hey, let's attack x open target" because it means they have to put less leg work in for bigger and better results.

At the end of the day, it's mostly academic anyway.

I agree. Cost/benefit analysis doesn't support individual targeting at that kind of micro level. The only way I could see it differently is if there is someone already in the US who gets all jihad-y and wants to make himself a name in the community by offing "the guy who got Bin Laden" (even though this guy claims to be "one of the first" through the door, which to me means he got there after Osama was already dead).

or he may just be sticking to the fact that they collectively aren't saying which one shot him. He may have lost allegiance, but going that far would be too much.

I think if he shot the guy, he would totally blab it ;)

"Now, the firsthand account of the man who killed Bin Laden!"

Well it was bound to happen:

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/sea...source=SFnewyorkpost&utm_medium=SFnewyorkpost

The former Navy SEAL who has written his eyewitness account of the slaying of Osama bin Laden is in talks with Steven Spielberg to turn the book into an action movie, Page Six can exclusively reveal.
The author, who uses the pseudonym Mark Owen, was “one of the first men through the door on the third floor” of bin Laden’s lair in Pakistan and was there when he died, according to publisher Dutton.
The book — “No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama bin Laden — will be released on Sept. 11.
Following the book announcement, Fox News revealed that Mark Owen is 36-year-old recently retired SEAL Matt Bissonnette. Then special operations chief Adm. Bill McRaven said Bissonnette could face prosecution for revealing sensitive and classified information that could cause US forces harm.
Meanwhile, multiple sources tell us Bissonnette has already been in talks with DreamWorks about turning his book into a movie.
One source said, “He met with HBO’s Richard Plepler, and he also met with Spielberg.”
Another source added, “He is still talking to DreamWorks and Spielberg,” who declined to comment.
A “No Easy Day” movie would add to an already busy field of bin Laden films. “Hurt Locker” director Kathryn Bigelow is working on “Zero Dark Thirty,” about the decade-long hunt for terrorist leader bin Laden, leading to his death in May 2011. The cast includes Scott Adkins, Joel Edgerton, Jessica Chastain and Taylor Kinney, with release set for Dec. 19
Meanwhile, the Weinstein Company has secured the US rights to “Code Name Geronimo,” the John Stockwell-directed drama about the manhunt for the 9/11 terror-attack mastermind.
According to reports, Weinstein will put the film in theaters in early fall, a move that would beat “Zero Dark Thirty” — which was delayed after Sony decided not to put it out ahead of the presidential election.

Spielburg is a fucked up liberal who makes excellent movies but lets his politics override commonsense and even his own cultural heritage.

In Saving Private Ryan the CO and the SGT both talk about how saving pvt ryan will be the one decent thing they pull out of the war and the one thing that earns them the right to go home.

Because yes, thats a loftier goal to a liberal than saving freedom or even the industrialized murder of around 12,000,000 people including 6,000,000 Jews Mr Spielburg!

Bombing Times Square or some celebration in downtown LA wouldn't spread fear and push their agenda much more?

If the headlines next morning read: "25 Navy SEALs killed in suicide bombing during a birthday party in Virginia Beach".

It would be far more devastating to morale for the military and population then if the headlines read: "87 Civilians killed in suicide bombing in New York City subway"

Spielburg is a fucked up liberal who makes excellent movies but lets his politics override commonsense and even his own cultural heritage.

In Saving Private Ryan the CO and the SGT both talk about how saving pvt ryan will be the one decent thing they pull out of the war and the one thing that earns them the right to go home.

Because yes, thats a loftier goal to a liberal than saving freedom or even the industrialized murder of around 12,000,000 people including 6,000,000 Jews Mr Spielburg!

I don't get it what his political views have anything to do with this?
His movies (those military focused) are one of the best recruiting tools I have seen in years.

I don't get it what his political views have anything to do with this?
His movies (those military focused) are one of the best recruiting tools I have seen in years.

I thought that post was self explanatory however... That movie said that the war was pointless, the only decent thing those Soldiers did was save PVT Ryan. I guess we should have left the Nazis alone when they invaded Poland.

Your second sentence is neither here nor there.

You're confusing me with Polar Bear. He's the designated site giant; I am a mere 6'5". ;) And besides, going after people physically isn't my style. I would LOVE to help prosecute this guy, but 1) I don't think it's going to happen; and 2) I'm not really in a position to do that in my current assignment.

The best I can do right now is wish him misfortune.
I bet they always put you at the front of the formation for ruck marches to. Bastard.:mad:
Reed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back