Buffalo Bills player collapses on field…game suspended…

That got memory holed almost immediately. They let Skip Bayless's tweet take the forefront and moved on.

That's fair play if it happened.

I believe the on-site guy said that the comment was nonsense, he was in touch with Goodell and the refs, and no one said to warm up and play.

NFL official says league didn’t try to resume MNF game

I'm too cynical to believe this is true, but absent any other compelling evidence I have to go with this post.

As an aside, Skip Bayless is kind of a douche, but a "broken clock" and all...

The last neuro intact leaving hospital I had was a few years back, retired cop at movies with wife. He was snoring loud, wife went to wake him up to watch Jlo movie, he was in arrest.

Off duty RN did CPR, cop popped him with AED, EMS super AED, we popped him 3 times, ROSC, week later, this...

Attachments

• 11470.jpeg
    11470.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 7
ESPN is telling them to pound sand and standing behind their team…(which is shocking)

ESPN stands by report that NFL planned to restart game after Hamlin collapsed

Wow...that ESPN would go against the NFL is kind of big, right? Disney, ESPN's owner, paid about 2.7 BILLION per season for the rights to broadcast NFL games. And ESPN is going against the NFL's narrative?

I posted earlier and in a different thread about why I no longer watch the NFL. I really want to believe (but I don't because people are weak) that fans will rise up and call for Roger Goodell to be fired. He is arguably the architect for much of the NFL's ills right now.

I will say I believe ESPN not because of my disdain for the NFL, but the NFL's explanation doesn't hold water against the timeline. It took the NFL about an hour-ish to call the game. After CPR was performed on the field in front of millions in the stadium and on TV. An ambulance took the player away and the players were openly crying. This wasn't a broken leg a la Theismann or other cases, this man collapsed and had CPR performed for about 10 minutes before they took him away.

And it still took the NFL an hour to call the game? Nah, flag on the play and a loss of first down for the NFL. They suck and this should (if people could think or care) open a lot of eyes. 2.7 billion a season and ESPN gave the NFL a big fuck you?

ESPN is telling them to pound sand and standing behind their team…(which is shocking)

ESPN stands by report that NFL planned to restart game after Hamlin collapsed

Wow...that ESPN would go against the NFL is kind of big, right? Disney, ESPN's owner, paid about 2.7 BILLION per season for the rights to broadcast NFL games. And ESPN is going against the NFL's narrative?

I posted earlier and in a different thread about why I no longer watch the NFL. I really want to believe (but I don't because people are weak) that fans will rise up and call for Roger Goodell to be fired. He is arguably the architect for much of the NFL's ills right now.

I will say I believe ESPN not because of my disdain for the NFL, but the NFL's explanation doesn't hold water against the timeline. It took the NFL about an hour-ish to call the game. After CPR was performed on the field in front of millions in the stadium and on TV. An ambulance took the player away and the players were openly crying. This wasn't a broken leg a la Theismann or other cases, this man collapsed and had CPR performed for about 10 minutes before they took him away.

And it still took the NFL an hour to call the game? Nah, flag on the play and a loss of first down for the NFL. They suck and this should (if people could think or care) open a lot of eyes. 2.7 billion a season and ESPN gave the NFL a big fuck you?

Reminds me of that Spider Man meme where there are a bunch of Spider Men standing around, pointing at each other. Someone's lying, and no one wants the publicity black eye.

We don’t even know if he was vaccinated. It is an absurd position to take to say it was or was not related. Or even speculate on the matter.

It is like at the beginning of the pandemic when people were in car accidents and were reported supposedly as Covid deaths.

I personally like to use my eyes. He was hit in the chest and collapsed soon thereafter. The most common cause is “a”. I don’t go looking for “z” because that is fucking stupid. “a” is bad enough. This is a tragic occurrence but happens often enough that there is a name for it, and it has happened long enough for us to know it is a risk from sports.

Sure, but I work in this space and NFL players who didn't put the experimental saline in their body had to be treated like second class citizens during the 2020 season and still had protocols until part of 2021. Basically if you were unvaxxed you had to be in a mask if traveling, isolate in your hotel room the entire time on a road trip except when you were on the field.

What we did wasn't as hardcore in 2021 thank you NFL, but we didn't stop testing until after our 2021 season was over. And we were mostly "valued". You know the saline is still under an EUA, right? Has yet to be approved and likely won't be. Or at least by the time it is Fauci will be like "well it's another thing".

Bro, just like the TOC has to go through a targeting and action cycle, so does the league operations center in NY. I deal with this every day in our league. Hell I run my league's targeting and action cycles.🤷‍♂️

I don't know what happened in this case. My first thought that it was substance-related, because that's my frame of reference when it comes to athletes and heart attacks (Len Bias).

I do know that the kind of people who mock or attack others, and/or outright dismiss the mere possibility of a viable potential option are exactly the same people who did the same over Russiagate, suppression of conservatives on social media, possibility of the Wuhan lab leak, etc., and any number of things that we now know are either true, or solid possibilities.

Never stop questioning. Everything. You won't always get it right, but it is always OK to ask the questions. And be very, very suspicious of anyone who immediately resorts to ad hominems instead of rationality.

I don't know what happened in this case. My first thought that it was substance-related, because that's my frame of reference when it comes to athletes and heart attacks (Len Bias).

I do know that the kind of people who mock or attack others, and/or outright dismiss the mere possibility of a viable potential option are exactly the same people who did the same over Russiagate, suppression of conservatives on social media, possibility of the Wuhan lab leak, etc., and any number of things that we now know are either true, or solid possibilities.

Never stop questioning. Everything. You won't always get it right, but it is always OK to ask the questions. And be very, very suspicious of anyone who immediately resorts to ad hominems instead of rationality.

Illicit substances, legal (steroids) or illegal (cocaine), are certainly possibilities for cause of cardiac arrest in young people. As is underlying dysrhythmia (Hank Gathers). But I can't find a case where a cardiac arrest in any of those was precipitated by an event (tackle). The tackle, followed by getting up, then collapsing, then being in ventricular fibrillation, is what builds the case for something other than these.

In medical decision-making when looking at differential diagnoses (or presumptive diagnoses), you look at the history of present illness/mechanism of injury, the story/event, and the symptomology, and start assigning probability, and a list in descending order; i.e., heart attack is unlikely in the top three for a 20 year old with chest pain, but number one until ruled out in a 50 year old with chest pain, etc. Then use data to rule in/rule out.

So, do I mock or attack someone who wants to present alternate theories or disgnoses? No. Will I call someone obtuse and ignorant who presents an unlikely one at the cost of ignoring the probable ones? Sure. I would do the same for someone whose car ran out of gas, but insists on changing the battery.

Not even close to the same thing. The science of car mechanics is very well-established comparative to what we know about the COVID vaccine. And just because you're out of gas doesn't mean there might also be a problem with your battery.

I don't know what caused this young man's issues and I'm not claiming it's vaccine-related. As I initially said, my first thought was substance. PEDs, illegal drugs, I don't know. Could be hereditary. Could be a super-"stinger" like the one I posted. But at this point everything should be on the table.

Well, we're going to have to declare a modus vivendi and not get lost in the weeds. I think it's exactly the same thing: someone pursuing an unlikely theory over one with a much higher probability.

Should everything be on the table? Yes. No doubt. No argument. But start with eliminating horses before you you get to the zebras; rule out the higher probability events and narrow the DD (in this case, not Devil Doc, but differential diagnoses) as you get more data. These people (not you, and not here) screaming "it was the vaccine!" without wanting to consider more likely events (and who often have zero clinical experience or medical background) are a problem.

Strange feelings about Damar Hamlin's return to consciousness. For some reason I'm pissed at the providers told him he won the game of life when he asked who won the game...

I'd much rather hear more about what Damar had to say than the clever quip by whoever. Not sure why it pisses me off so much, first thing on his mind was his team and that's the best news I can think of.

Strange feelings about Damar Hamlin's return to consciousness. For some reason I'm pissed at the providers told him he won the game of life when he asked who won the game...

I'd much rather hear more about what Damar had to say than the clever quip by whoever. Not sure why it pisses me off so much, first thing on his mind was his team and that's the best news I can think of.

Kind of reminded me when Reagan was shot and he asked the surgeons before they put him under if they were republicans and one replied "today we're all republicans, Mr. President."

We don't always have to look for our "one step for man..." moment.

Kind of reminded me when Reagan was shot and he asked the surgeons before they put him under if they were republicans and one replied "today we're all republicans, Mr. President."

We don't always have to look for our "one step for man..." moment.

Hahaha! Never heard that one before. LMAO
Per Fox, Hamlin's ETT (i.e., "breathing tube") has been removed, and he is chatting with teammates.

Bills’ Damar Hamlin is speaking with team after breathing tube is removed, Buffalo says in major health update

That's what I'm talking about! "Love you guys"

Back